Chapter 11 - Inside Your Heaven

[Nick]

I couldn't sleep during the trip to Toronto. I just kept watching television, wondering if Harley was on one of those planes. I contacted her parents again, but couldn't get through to them. That wasn't a good sign since I knew Harley's mother always answered the phone, even if she knew it was a telemarketer.

After making it to Toronto, we immediately went to the hotel and Kevin got on the phone. He tried to call everybody he knew to see if he could find out if she was on the flight. I had to give it to Kevin. He may not have liked the fact that Harley and I started dating to begin with, but I could tell he was a little upset himself.

But we never found out anything. I couldn't get in touch with her parents. I even tried to call her manager whose number I still had, but nothing.

I was about to flip my shit, seriously.

[/Nick]

Nick sat at the desk in his hotel room, staring at his e-mail. He had e-mailed Harley, hoping that for some reason, her phone wouldn't work but she was checking her e-mail, but she wasn't. Or at least she hadn't replied. He didn't know what else to do. He was literally seconds from grabbing AJ and heading down to the hotel bar or maybe a club. Or maybe he would call room service and have them bring up the biggest bottle of Vodka they could find and he could sit and drink in solitude.

Suddenly Nick's hotel room phone rung and he jumped, running over to answer it.

"Hey Nick, its Jon," Harley's father said as Nick sat down on the bed. "Have you heard anything?" He sighed. Shit.

"No sir, nothing. I'm guessing you guys haven't heard anything either?" Nick asked, running his hand over his face.

"We found out that the video shoot was cancelled early this morning because the director's wife went into early labor," Mr. Harper said. "But as far as we know, Harley still went to Los Angeles. We can't get in touch with anybody. The label can't get in touch with her management either. As far as we knew, they were going with her."

"I'm getting a new cell phone later tonight, but please call me here at the hotel if you hear anything," Nick said, telling her father goodbye. He hung up the phone and laid back on the bed.

Harley's father Jon was a huge man. He looked as if he could be the love child between Arnold Schwarzenegger and Tom Selleck, with the muscles and the mustache. He never liked Nick so Nick knew if Jon Harper was calling him about Harley, that he was scared about his daughter.

Nick remembered the first time he went to Alabama to visit Harley. Her father cornered him in the kitchen, warning him that he had better never hurt his daughter or he would hurt him. He hadn't seen Jon Harper since he and Harley ended things, so he hoped if he ever saw him again, he wouldn't punch the shit out of him.

He jumped out of his thoughts and lay there, staring at the ceiling until he heard a knock at his door. It had to be Brian or Kevin asking him how he was. He stood up, walking over to the door when he heard the phone ring. Then he heard another knock.

"Hold on!" Nick yelled at the door, walking over to the phone to answer it.

"Nick, we heard from her, she's okay," he heard her father say on the other line. "She didn't get on the plane this morning. The director texted her and told her about his wife so she left the airport and went somewhere on her bus. She didn't say where. Atlanta, I suppose."

"Are you serious?" Nick asked, sighing. "Thank God." He heard someone knock on his door. "Listen, I'll call you back soon. Tell her to call me, okay? I need to go tell the others and someone's at my door." He told her father goodbye and smiled, hanging up the phone. "Hey! Guess what!" Nick exclaimed, running up to the door and opened it.

Then he saw Harley standing there, hair in a ponytail and no make-up.

"I hear you're looking for me," she said as he stared at her in disbelief. "What's wrong?"

"You don't know what happened, do you?" he asked as she nodded.

"My parents just told me on the phone," she sighed. "That's what I get for sleeping all day, I guess. I turned my phone off and told the driver to go to Toronto and..."

Nick walked up to Harley, silencing her by kissing her lips. He moved his hands up to cup her face and deepened the kiss. Harley hesitated at first, but quickly gave in. She stood there dumbfounded, not expecting it. The kiss was so intense she started feeling week in the knees.

Nick backed into his room, bringing her with him. He slammed his door shut and finally broke away from the kiss, holding his head against hers.

"You've got to stop turning everything off around you," he whispered, causing her to smile. "Why did you come here? Why'd you come to Toronto?"

"The video shoot was cancelled..."

"No, I know that. Your Dad just told me," he whispered, kissing her lips softly again. "Why did you come here instead of going home?" Harley swallowed, pressing her lips together. She didn't know what to say to him. She didn't know why she came to Toronto.

"I couldn't think of anywhere else to go," she finally said as Nick smiled. "I told you I loved Canada."

"But do you still love me?" he asked as she looked away. "I was an ass, Harley. I swear, when you left, I cleaned up some. AJ's clean now. I still drink every now and then but not like before. I swear to God I will never cheat on you again."

"So you did cheat?" she asked as he nodded. "How am I supposed to believe that you won't do it again?"

"You can cut my dick off," he said, causing her to smile. "Seriously. Do you know what I thought about on the drive here? That if you were on that plane, I thought of all the stuff I was never going to be able to tell you, or show you or do with you."

"Like what?"

"Like I wrote you a song, about you," he smiled. "I bought you a charm the other day and I wanted to give it to you yesterday but we didn't get to see one another."

"What else?"

"How I was never going to be able to shut up your ramblings by kissing you again or see you in one of my t-shirts," he said as she continued to smile. "You don't even want to know all the thoughts that went through my mind."

"I do, Nick," she said, moving closer to him. "Tell me."

"I was worried I was never going to see you naked again," he said as she shook her head. "I was worried I was never going to be with you again or touch you or kiss you."

"If I had known what had happened, I would have gotten in touch with you," she said, touching the side of his face with her hand. "I have a bad habit of shutting everything out around me. I still had my migraine, even through the show last night so I took some meds and just passed out on the bus..."

"I was so scared, you have no idea..." he said as she leaned in to hug him tightly. She wrapped her arms around his neck and felt Nick's lips on her shoulder, kissing her skin. She leaned her head back, looking in his eyes and he noticed she was about to cry.

"Do you promise you've changed?" she asked as he nodded. "Because I'm going through a lot of stuff right now and I don't know if I can deal with you the way you were this past summer..."

"I promise," he whispered, feeling Harley's hands move down to the bottom of his t-shirt. He felt her lift it up and he raised his hands, letting her pull it over his head. He watched her as she unfastened his jeans, pushing them down to the ground.

Suddenly Nick's door opened and Brian walked in, staring at them and seeing Nick in all his glory.

"Harley, you're alive. Nick, you're naked. Ya'll have a good night," Brian said, immediately walking out and shutting the door.

"Oops," Harley smiled, rushing over to the door and locked it. She pushed her jean skirt over her hips, stepped out of her flip flops and pulled her tank top over her head before leaping in Nick's arms. She wrapped her legs around him and her arms around his neck.

Nick walked over to the bed, crawling onto it and laid on top of Harley as she finally took her legs from around his waist. He moved his lips down to her neck, sucking and kissing his way to her collarbone. He reached up under her to unfasten her bra and smiled against her chest as he felt her slip it onto the floor.

"Hold on," Nick whispered, jumping over to his bags. Harley laid there, one leg bent up in the air as she watched Nick pull out a condom. He jumped back on the bed, watching her as he slipped her panties off. She reached over, taking the condom from him and sat up. He nodded his head and smiled, watching her as she took it out of the wrapping. He moved his hands on top of hers as she moved the condom over him, already seeing how hard he was.

"Get on your back," Harley whispered as Nick did what she said. She straddled him, sitting on his stomach, while running her hands up and down his chest, before finally leaning in to kiss him. His hands rode up the inside of her thighs, caressing her skin there for a bit before moving further up. His fingers rubbed against the outside of her, causing her to push against them, and moaning when one finger entered into her.

He couldn't wait to be actually inside of her. She was lowly moaning against his lips, their tongues sucking and licking each other, both trying to go as deep into each other's mouth as they could go.

Her lips moved from his and he began to kiss and lick across his chest slowly, making sure to spend extra time on each nipple by sucking each of them into her mouth, before she moved down across his stomach, slowly kissing and licking the skin along the way. She was trying to torture him, moving slowly, taking time to lick, kiss, and suck everywhere, making him nuts as he started to squirm when she moved below his bellybutton.

"Did you miss this?" she whispered, moving her lips back up to his. She straddled him, feeling him as he slid inside of her, causing both of them to groan at the same time. She began to move her whole body up and back against him, as she kissed him. His hands came up to her hips, helping guide her on how fast to go. His hips were also coming up off the bed, pushing into her as deep as he could. They had started off slow, but as they both got more into it, she sped the pace up until Nick wrapped his arms around her waist, flipping them over so that he was on top of her.

Harley wrapped her legs around him tightly to bring him even closer to her as he moved back inside of her and started out slow. Harley moved her hands from around his neck and began to move them over his body.

Nick stopped massaging her body and moved his arms up so that they wrapped around her shoulders as he began to move inside of her a little faster. Harley began moaning against his lips as they kept kissing passionately. He began to feel her tighten around him and opened his eyes a little to see her looking at him, and he knew that she was about to reach her point, so he began to move a little faster, trying to hold off so that they could come together. She could feel him throbbing inside of her now, setting her off, as her muscles began to contract too.

Nick lifted her up a little off of the bed, with his arms around her shoulders while kissing her and began to move inside of her even harder and faster as he felt her gasp for air against his lip and moan. Just as she felt her release coming on, his hips bucked up, pushing himself in her as far as he could go, finding his own release. He began to slow down seconds later, both of them coming off of their climax high, and he laid down on her chest, putting his face in the crook of her neck.

He smiled, feeling her hands move down his arms, her fingertips barely touching his skin.

"Nick..."

"Yeah?"

"I never stopped loving you."

"I know. I never stopped loving you either."

"Promise me that it won't be like that again..."

"What we just did? I can't promise that..."

"July. How you were before Boston..."

"I promise," Nick said, lifting his head to look her in the eyes. "A lot of things are going to be changing soon and I promise I won't get like that again."

"What's going to change?" she asked as he moved off of her. He reached down on the bed, grabbing a blanket to put on top of them. "What are you talking about?"

"After we finish the tour in December overseas, in Japan, the group is going to take a break," he said as she stared at him, lying down on his side, looking at her. "A long break and I'm going to do a solo album. It'll be different for us."

"I'm leaving my record label," Harley whispered.

"You're what?"

"We're just disagreeing on stuff lately and I've gotten a few deals from other labels, so things are going to change for me too," she smiled. "I'm going to have more say-so in what I do. No more quick albums or quick tours. I'll go on tour when I want to and record and release an album when I feel like it's ready."

"We're taking control of our lives," he smiled. "It's going to be good this time, babe. I promise."