Chapter 8

Adelina's POV:

Spending my night that way is nothing new to me. It' not very often that I get a good nights rest. 

The morning after has many outcomes depending on the nights events. Whether it be the demons I call fears and insecurities racing to the finish line, winner gets to occupy my mind or the lack of emotions keeping my eyes pried open, suddenly finding the wall fascinating. 

My slumber could be described the same way during these times. The differences only slight, like a book being turned into a movie. My dreamless doze being my favorite seeing as the only other option being trying to outrun ghosts of past events.

I'm not a fast runner I guess.

I got into bed around 1am but only slept from two to four.  At ten o'clock I notice the sun peeking out from under the blinds and hesitantly get out of bed to not make any noise.  I could hear the soft sound of humming and the toaster popping from the kitchen. 

I look around for my phone and finally find it in the pile of yesterday's clothes. I press the home button to check the time and notice my battery is at 3%. Knowing I have to make a phone call later today, I look for a charger only to remember that I don't have one.

I realise I have to ask either June or Jack for one and dread instantly fills my stomach. I decide I have to put on my big girl panties and just go ask because I really need to be able to use it.

The floorboards creek as I slowly make my way to where I think I remember the kitchen to be. I was wrong.

Shit.

Kitchen...Kitchen

Where the fuck is the kitchen?

I quickly decide that I should wander around to avoid looking like a dumbass and if anyone asks what I'm doing, I'll just say that I was exploring.

So I start walking, and walking, and finally some more walking until I finally end up in the kitchen. What are the odds that it was the last room I find?

The sight infront of me is quite humorous. June is dancing around the kitchen completely ignoring Jack as he sits at the breakfast bar rambling about something in the newspaper.

"E-Excuse me?"

My voice comes out more quiet than I anticipate.

"Goodmorming," June exclaims "how did you sleep? Not too bad I hope. Are you hungry? Would you like me to make you something?"

"June, honey, she can only answer one question at a time." Jack says not looking up.

"Oops, I guess that's right. Anything for breakfast?"

"No that's alright, I'm not very hungry." I said.

June just nodded her head and turns back to whatever she was doing while and I just stand here awkwardly.

"I have a question" I spoke up.

Yes, dear?" June says looking over her shoulder.

"Do you by chance have a charger I could borrow? I just had to leave mine at the old house but I can't take it back now, I'm not allowed in there..." I ramble.

"Oh dear of course, it's not a problem. No worries. I think there's one in the living room, close to the lamp."

"Alright thank you very much. I'll go find that now" I say as I started to walk back towards the door before stopping again, remembering the other thing I wanted to ask

"Also, do you mind if I leave for a couple hours today?"

This time it was Jack who responds.

"What for?"