Chapter 17

Adelina POV:

Shopping wasn't something I got to do often. I didn't typically have money to get anything but my friends, Phoenix and I especially, enjoyed window shopping. On the not so rare occasion that one of us found something we couldn't afford and couldn't dare put down, the item would come with us in a subtle fashion. 

Not many people came home yesterday. Domenico and Francesco stayed wherever they went very late, Angelo had studying, Valentino had double detention and I simply didn't see the other two. 

I woke up to a very eager Valentino and impassive Valerio sitting at the kitchen table for breakfast. Valentino obviously had something he wanted to share with me so after muttering a quick greeting, I sat and somewhat patiently waiting for him to get on with it. 

"We're taking you shopping" he said with an excited smile while Valerio grunted slightly.

"Both of you?" I asked quirking an eyebrow.

"Unfortunately," Valerio drawled out. 

Valentino went on to explain how Angelo asked them to since everyone is busy. While he jumped at the chance, it took a little convincing to get Valerio on board. Something about a couple days off a preexisting grounding. 

I happily went and am currently happily spending their money. Anything I want is now legally at my finger tips and I recognise that. I'm not one to abuse that power but it's a comforting thought. It confuses why they are so willing to let me use their cash but again, I'm not complaining. 

It's fustrating to have no one to consult. Yes, there are two teenage boys following me around but they are doing their own things and not looming over my shoulder. Besides, I wouldn't ask them anyways. 

Valerio occasionally spits out a "Are you fucking done yet?" but I just reply "if I was fucking done we wouldn't be here, would we asshole" which seems to amuse Valentino. Valerio, though, would get progressively angrier and I can see him trying to contain it. It's only a matter of time before he breaks.

Then he finally snaps. I'm looking at a shirt, arguing with him over the time I'm taking.

"Listen here you little bitch," he grabs my arm "I don't fucking take disrespect. Our brothers might be pushovers right now because their little princess is back," he says in a mocking voice "but I won't hesitate to make your life a living fucking hell if you don't tone down the attitude. Don't doubt me, it wont be pretty" he growls out.

It would be a lie to say I'm not taken aback, but instead of cowering I let a small smirk make it's way to my lips. 

"Are you done now?" I see the smoke coming from his ears as Valentino looks ready to step in. 

"I will do whatever the fuck I want, first things first," I continue " you don't get to go around telling me what to do. Step back in line, dickhead. You don't like my tone? Is that what's bothering you?" I tut.

I look into his eyes, the same honey brown orbs as I have. The similiarity catches me off guard.

 "I didn't force you to come," I take a step back, not wanting to start something that would finish messily "watch who you should be mad at, 'cause it ain't me." I finish then walk away, noticing his loosening grip.

We both took a step back, I could tell even though none of us admitted it and things go back to whatever normal was beforehand.

We soon find our way to a table to have a rest and put something in our stomachs. I'm once again hesitant to touch the food they've put infront of me feeling myself unable to act without permission. I start wishing Raffaele would have come along, he seems to always give permission even though he probably doesn't know why. I would like to keep it like that.