Chapter 2

HARRY

"HARROLD!!!"A voice screamed. "Time for school!"Harry chuckled as he woke up. "Wow mum,I haven't hears those words in ages!"he screamed back.

He sleepily rubbed his eyes and stretched as he got up.Shrugging on the shirt he had left on his chair last night he went towards the mirror to do up the buttons.Grabbing his jeans from the chair,he pulled them on and looked back into the mirror.It was finally a day he had been longing for and dreading for the past couple of weeks,it was reunion day.

He glanced sideways at the corner of the mirror where he had a few pictures pinned up.There was Harry,his mum and Gemma,all smiling on Christmas a couple of years back.There was a picture of his old band,playing at the biggest gig they had got.There was a picture of his college mates and him smiling on some road trip they had taken and last of all there was a picture of Louis and him.

Harry sighed as the memories washed over him.They had to be at least fourteen in that photo,grinning after winning their first battle of the bands competition.They had their arms around each other and even at that age Harry had known that what he felt about his best friend wasn't what normal friends felt for each other.

He winced thinking of his last day with Lou.He had said some REALLY cheesy stuff.He could still hear the words in his head, 'I actually like you that way Lou,I always have.'No wonder Louis had run away from him.Even he sounded too sappy to himself.He raked a hand through his curls,which were short now,unlike the shoulder length hair he had back in grade 12.

He suddenly remembered how Louis used to love playing with his curls and wondered why he ruined such a wholesome friendship.Shaking his head he reminded himself that there was no point thinking about the past,he couldn't change it if he wanted to.

Opening his room door,he jogged downstairs to where his mum was making breakfast. "Morning Haz!" "Morning mum,"he smiled and gave her a sideways hug. "This is bringing back so many old memories,"she said and gave him a plate of pancakes. "Yeah,remember when you had to push me out the door just to get me to go."Anne chuckled. "And some days I had to call that Louis to get you to go."

Harry bit his lip.Realising she must have struck a nerve,Anne remained silent.Harry had never told his mum about his crush on Louis,she must have guessed,but he had never said it allowed. Gemma however, knew.Well she made Harry tell him,after that last day.

*flashback starts*

"There he is!"Honestly Harry didn't think his luck could get any worse as he saw his sister running over to them. "Oh,hi Louis,"she said. "Harrold mum has been looking everywhere for you."She grabbed his arm and started pulling him away.He was about to protest,saying he would come back in a few minutes when he turned around to see Louis looking at the ground.

His heart sank.Of course,Louis didn't feel the same way.How stupid could he get for confessing all his feelings.That hope that had filled up inside him suddenly vanished.All his fantasies,day dreams they just poofed.

The car ride back home was silent,Haz refused to speak unprompted. If he was asked a question he would give the shortest answers possible.His family could feel there was something was off.When he was asked,he just shrugged,but they pestered him until he said, "Nothing,I'm just sad that school is over."It wasn't a complete lie,but after today he didn't think he could ever face Louis,much less go to school with him.

Upon reaching home,he rushed into his room,locked the door and fell face first into his bed.He hugged his pillow as the tears started dripping.Making sure to sob softly so that his mum wouldn't worry he proceeded to undress and hop into his comfiest pyjamas.He grabbed the framed picture of him and Lou at a carnival last year and flung it out the open window.It must have landed in a bush because he couldn't hear it land.