two

It was around one in the morning and the four boys were still fully awake in their beds

It was around one in the morning and the four boys were still fully awake in their beds. "Can I turn the nightlight on?" Fred II asked them all.

"And create a beacon of your location for the monster underneath our bed to see? Uh, I think the fuck not. That's a sin," Regulus II retorted.

"Well, if you don't sin then Jesus died for nothing," James II replies.

Tobias huffed from his bed, it was too early for this bullshit, "Potter, if you don't shut the fuck up-"

"No, no. He's got a point," Regulus II interrupted. Tom II laughed quietly from his bed (but was very exhausted from all the talking). Suddenly, a small thud was heard from outside their door. All five boys shot up from their beds to investigate.

Tobias slowly edged closer to the bedroom door, reaching out for the doorknob. Quickly, he turned the knob and opened the door to see what it was. "Oh, it's just Delphi," Tobias shrugged, letting the girl inside. The young girl was holding something in her arms.

"Is that a kitten?" Tom II asked, looking down at her arm. Delphi nodded, caressing the animal's fur, "I'm going to name it Missy."

"What a cute name!" Fred II whisper-shouted, stroking its fur.

"Yes, it's short for Missile Launcher," Delphi informed them. Fred II immediately retracted his hands, "Oh."

"Wanna go explore the house? I'm bored," James II stepped out of the room quietly, walking past the portraits. The others only shrugged and followed him while Tom II hesitated. He didn't want to get trouble by Harry on his first day...

"You coming?" Tobias held the door for him. Tom II snapped out of his trance and silently nodded, following after the group. The young man looked at the portraits again, admiring every detail of decoration. Back at Wool's Orphanage, there was little to no decorations at all. The most it was decorated was at Christmas, a little bit stocking here and there. That's why Tom had always spent his Yule at Hogwarts.

"What are you two doing up?" Regulus II asked a pair of children in front of him. It was Lily II and Hugo. "We both heard a cat meowing so we went to investigate. But then we got hungry, so we're going to the kitchen," Lily II explained, joining them as they walked down the staircase.

"Anyways, as I was saying, you can't spell 'dad' without 'a'," Hugo told Lily II.

"Without a what?" Lily II asked.

"Without 'a'," Hugo replied.

"Without a what?!" Lily II whisper-shouted at the confused boy.

"I just said without-"

James II stopped dead in his tracks, causing all of them to bump into him. They all fell to the ground (save Tobias and Tom who at least had a pair of well-working legs). "Hide!" Delphi whispered and they all scrambled from the hallway.