thirty

1942 - My dumbass almost forgot how to spell "thirty"

Tom II and Lily appeared in a dark alleyway. That made the author wonder, why the fuck is it always alleyways they appear in? "Where... are we?" Lily II peeped her head out of the alleyway and watched the bustling crowds of adults. The pair walked through the busy streets of London while holding hands to not lose each other.

They walked passed many men wearing top hats and long coats and many women wearing fancy attire. "I think we made it to the right location, Lily-" Tom II wasn't looking where he was walking and accidentally bumped into a young man.

The young man had little freckles on his face and wore a long, blue coat. His brunette hair was styled to the front and he wore a golden waistcoat, and of course, a little bowtie to go with his outfit. Tom II stood up and extended his hand to the young man, "I'm sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going."

"Oh, it's fine, I wasn't hurt," the young man shyly chuckled as Tom II picked his brown suitcase from the floor. Tom II looked at the golden engravement on the front of the suitcase; it was the young man's name.

"Well, have a good day, Newt Scamander," Tom II read out and passed him the suitcase. The young man, Newt Scamander, smiled and took the bag.

"You two have a good day, too," Newt smiled and nodded his head at Tom II and Lily II. He then hurried away and Lily II furrowed her brows.

"I remember that name... it seems familiar," Lily II muttered.

"Oh well, we've got no time for name-remembering," Tom II laughed, and Lily II couldn't help but smile a little.

"You're right," Lily II nodded, "We need to go to the orphanage..."

Tom II held onto her hand before she could cross the road, "Don't you think that he'll want to leave that place? I mean, I've been in there before and I've lived my whole life in that orphanage. It's not... the best place to stay over at."

Lily II kissed her teeth as she thought to herself, "You're right... Maybe we can figure out a plan to get your father out of there. But how?" Tom II went silent, trying to figure out a little plan. Then he gasped, remembering what Harry had told him on the way to the Potter Manor.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The day before all the bullshit happened

As Harry drove the car, Tom II awkwardly shuffled in the passenger seat beside the older man. "So, Tom. Are you looking forward to meeting the others?" Harry asked as he took a left turn from the main road. Tom II nodded silently and stared at the passing cars from outside the window.

The car passed a homeless man who was holding a piece of cardboard and kept screaming, "Accept yourself! Love yourself! Accept yourself!" while waving around a rubber chicken and prancing across the street. Tom II stifled a laugh as he turned away.