Ten Years (KenHina)

Hinata cheerfully dragged an annoyed Kenma to a certain tree, carrying a shovel on his other hand. "Come on! It'll be fun!" Kenma rolled his eyes, followed by a small sigh. The younger male had been repeating the same words since the first time he asked Kenma to come with him. "What are we even going to do with a shoe box, paper, and shovel?"

"You'll see!" They stopped infront of a huge tree, both are admiring it on their own way. Hinata's grip on Kenma's hand became loose and are now both gripping the shovel. The older male soon missed the warmth of Hinata's hand but obviously didn't show any signs of it.

"Alright, let's do this!" With a loud cry, Hinata began to dug a hole. Kenma sat on the grassy ground, leaning against the tree as he watched Hinata execute the job. He certainly won't do any of the digging anyway so he tore his gaze away and took out his trusty console to help him speed up some time.

"Done!" Hinata exclaimed, causing Kenma to pause his game and lift up his head. "Good job." Kenma complimented, causing the other to feel the sensation of pride wash over him. He smiled at the hole he had made before sitting beside Kenma, grunting at the process.

"Now then, Let's each write something on our own papers. We write what we must be or what we have to do by the time we dig them out again after ten years." Kenma looked like he could careless but when a certain thought came to him, His cheeks got tinted pink. "What's the use of this.." He mumbled, looking at the blank paper. "It's just for fun. Don't be a killjoy!" Hinata laughed.

"Here." After muttering a small 'Thank you', Kenma took the pen Hinata handed him. His hands barely brushed against Hinata's but that was enough to make his blush more visible. Hinata didn't notice this though, yeah, go ahead and face palm but for Kenma, That's a good thing.

. . .

"So.. Have you written anything yet?" Hinata asked, breaking the silence. It's been almost past five minutes and the two just stared at their papers, thinking what they should really write. Kenma can't get over the thought that came to him a little ago though and kept debating whether if he should write it down or not. "Here goes nothing!" Kenma sweatdropped, watching Hinata block his view from the paper as he wrote down something.

"So? Done yet?" Kenma shook his head. "Well then, ten seconds left!" Hinata giggled as he started the count down, making Kenma feel pressured and shakily wrote down the certain thought. "Time's up!" Hinata announced and almost got a peek of what Kenma wrote if the older male hadn't quickly folded it. "Here.." He mumbled and Hinata nodded, taking the piece of red paper from him and dropped it along with his orange paper inside the shoe box.

"So, remember. After ten years, we'll come back here for the papers." Hinata grinned at him, lightly sweating from covering up the shoe box. "Yeah." Hinata rose a brow. "Promise?" Kenma sighed, "Fine. I promise."

~*~

"Come again?" Kenma furrowed his brows at the orange-haired male before him. "You know, the letters we buried under the tree near the park we used to hang out?" Hinata said, hoping Kenma would remember.

"I can't remember." Hinata scowled. "Come on! We wrote something and we NEED to go and get it! You promised!" The younger male exclaimed, tugging on Kenma's sleeve.

Kenma let out a long sigh of defeat as he nodded. Before he knew it, he was following the excited male to an old tree. Some memories hitting him. He reminisced Hinata and him, mostly Hinata, practicing volleyball here. Mostly he would just be playing with his game console. Other times they would be chatting about random stuff, mostly Hinata again though.

"So. I'll dig, yeah?" Hinata grinned as he held the old shovel. Kenma nodded, sitting on the grassy ground under the old tree. His heart thumped louder and louder with each time Hinata dug some soil. What did he wrote there again? Why does he suddenly feel nervous? So much has happened within ten years like focusing on the important things like volleyball, getting to college and other stuff that concerns life that he can't recall what he wrote.

"Can you remember what you wrote?" He asked Hinata as he waited for him to finish. "Hm? I don't think so?" He replied, making Kenma sigh. That sounded more like he's asking Kenma back.

"Oh, I see it!" Hinata felt waves of energy hit him as he took the dirty shoe box off the ground. "Take yours." He said after he opened the box, showing Kenma two, old papers. Kenma took the red one while Hinata took the orange one before dropping the shoe box to the ground. "On the count of three. One.. two.. three!" Kenma opened his, eyes widening once he read it.

Kiss Hinata

His face quickly took several shades of red as his body shook form nervousness. He has to do this..? He can just fake something else right? Come to think of it, it's not like he lost all those feelings for Hinata since 10 years ago. This could be a good excuse to taste the other's lips at least. He lifted his gaze from his paper to Hinata, and he can see the other acting the same way he is. What did he wrote???

"Shouyo." He called, making the other male jump and yell, "Yes?!" Kenma blinked at him before chuckling. "Come over here." Hinata tilted his head in confusion but obliged as he sat down infront of Kenma. "Close your eyes."

"What? Why--"

"Just do it." Kenma said in annoyance which caused Hinata to immediately close his eyes, his hands on his thighs as he clutched his own paper tightly. Kenma studied Hinata's face. Yeah, nothing much really has changed. He's still attractive to him even though he can be boisterous as hell. After ten years, he finally got to do such a thing.

"What's taking you so long--" Kenma leaned over, his lips pressed against Hinata's own, quickly shutting him up. Hinata's eyes widened in surprise before slowly kissing back. Not too long, Kenma pulled away due to the embarrassment that's slowly consuming him. He can't believe he did it. "S-sorry.. it's what's written on my paper." He mumbled, holding up the red object.

Hinata bit his lip, suddenly wrapping his arms around Kenma who jolted in surprise. "Will you go on a date with me?" Hinata asked, slightly tightening the hug. "H-huh?" Kenma blurted in surprise. "It's what's written on my paper." He showed Kenma his slightly crumpled paper.

Ask Kenma out on a date.. and hopefully make him my boyfriend!

Hinata laughed, "I'm glad younger me wants to take things slow. Just don't take ten years to say 'yes' to me." Kenma blushed, burying his head to Hinata's chest. "W-whatever.." Kenma smiled.

"I agree."

Date made: 5-2-19
Did not edit anything asides spacing though.