1

I was on a vacation. I deserved it. I had been working for FOUR years without a break and I was going to explode.

I went with my friend Nini. She was a colleague and a total opposite. She was a badass; I was shy. She liked partying; I liked staying at home reading books. She went on adventures; I dreamed of adventures. And so on.

Now that I think of it, I don't know why I took her. More like she took me. She paid for all the expenses for that vacation. As soon as I shared my wish of going to China, she had booked everything prior to my knowledge. Silly girl. We were opposites but really good friends. Nobody understood our friendship. And also, she was from a billionaire family. She didn't even have to work for a day in her life but still she wanted to have her own job. As I said, silly girl.

I always wanted to go to East Asia but mostly China. I had seen pictures of it and I loved it.

The day we landed; the weather was lovely. Actually, it was night. We were exhausted. And we went straight to bed.

The next morning, I woke up (it was very early) and realised I'm finally on vacation. Happy, happy, happy. I turned to my left and saw Nini still sleeping. Thanks, Nini. I blew a kiss to her. Hehe. I got out of the bed and dressed up.

Taking my copy of the key with me I locked the door and sneaked out. Time to go exploring!

Ours was the 11th floor. The last floor in this hotel. I couldn't see anybody there as it was very early. Mostly empty. As I was wandering, I saw the stairs which probably led to the terrace of the hotel.

I being the curious human that I am, decided to follow the stairs. Surprisingly, the door wasn't locked. I unlocked it and the view was mesmerizing. It was early sunrise and the sky was pink. Pink skies are my favourite.

But I wasn't alone there. There was a room and its walls were entirely made of glass. In it, was someone sitting at a piano. A boy. His head was bent and he was playing a tune so sad that it was heart-breaking. I almost cried.

I must have stood there for at least fifteen to twenty minutes listening to the tune. Suddenly, it came to an end and with it my heart stopped beating for a moment as the boy lifted his head and looked straight at me.