2

Our eyes lock and for a second, I'm frozen. I can't move. He had looked so sad while playing the piano but now he looks different.

He gets up from his seat and comes to where I am standing.

"What are you doing?", he asks me.

I can't speak. I'm very shy of strangers. And this guy is very good-looking too. So, I really can't speak.

He asks me again.

"Nothing.", I say.

"What do you mean nothing?", he asks me.

"I'm sorry. It's my mistake. I really shouldn't have come here. I'm leaving.", I say so fast, I wonder if he even understands it.

As I turn to leave, he grabs my hand.

Thankfully, at that very moment a guard comes and with him comes a very worried Nini.

That boy who had been holding my hand drops it and I run to Nini.

So, apparently Nini had called the security when she didn't find me in the room. I feel very guilty. It's my fault that I troubled Nini and the guards for nothing.

Later, we have breakfast and its very silent. I can feel the silence like a thorn.

"I'm so sorry Nini. I shouldn't have left the room without informing you. I didn't mean to worry you."

Finally, Nini looks up at me angrily. "Do you have any idea Emma how scared I was when I didn't find you in the room?"

I feel like a puppy being scolded.

She continues, "I thought something might have happened to you."

I bend my head as I can't look her in the eye.

Suddenly, she puts her hand on mine and I look up.

"You're the first person that I can actually call a friend, Em. You don't care about my money or if I'm pretty. You actually talk to me and listen to me.", she says.

This is actually the first time ever that she has spoken out loud about her feelings. Usually, she never talks about how she feels. I feel happy and warm to know that she cares about me.

I jump out of my seat to hug her. She laughs.

In the evening we go out to check out the city. And its already time for lunch.

As Nini and I don't know much about Chinese hotels, we're confused. At last, we decide a place. We get a table near a group that is laughing and talking very loudly.

We both take our seats and wonder what to eat. And suddenly someone comes at our table. I lift my head from the menu and it's the same boy from the morning.