7

Now that my feelings are clear, I don't know what to do with them. I really really really like Jackson.

But I'm also scared of getting rejected.

He behaves so nicely with everyone that's its hard to tell if he likes me or he's just being nice.

I have five more days left and I don't want to leave. It's so surprising that it takes such a short time for someone’s life to change so much.

I'm lying in bed thinking about this when suddenly Nini comes from behind me and goes BOO.

That scares me bad and I fall off the bed.

She laughs like a mad person and I pick up the pillow from my bed and start hitting her with it.

She hits me back with her pillow and soon we're having a full-on pillow fight. We laugh and play like kids. Just how I play with my younger sisters.

We're in the middle of it and my phone rings. I have to stop our play fight to pick up the phone. It's from an unknown number.

"Hello?", I ask.

"Hi. Is this Emma?", the person on the other end asks.

"Yes. Who's it?", I ask.

"It's Julia Wang. I'm Jackson's mom. We met the other day in the market.", Jackson's mom answers.

For a second, I'm shocked and I don't know what to do. I freeze. Nini asks me who it is and I signal her to keep quiet.

"Oh yes. I remember. How are you?", I ask. My heart is thumping in my chest.

"I'm well. How are you?", she asks me.

"I'm fine too", I reply.

"So, you must be wondering how I got your number. I got it from Jackson. Actually, I wanted to invite you guys over today for lunch at my home. If that’s fine with you?", Mrs Wang asks.

What? Lunch? Home? Am I hearing right?

"Ye...yes. Yes. Sure.", I reply without thinking.

"Oh, that's great, honey. Be ready. Jackson will pick you up at 1. See you.", Mrs Wang says and hangs up the phone.

I sit on my bed, not believing what just happened. Omg omg omg. Why did I just say yes? What the hell was I even thinking? I suddenly get so scared and nervous that I lie down in a ball.

Nini who had been listening to the whole conversation comes to me and asks, "Emma, is everything okay?"

"Uh huh", I reply.

"Who was on the phone? What happened?", she asks.

I get up from my position.

"Mrs Wang", I reply.

"Who?", she asks.

"Jackson's mom", I reply.

"What?", she asks.

"She wants to have lunch with us.", I reply.

"Where?", she asks.

"At her home.", I reply.

"When?", she asks.

"Today.", I reply.

"Why?", she asks.

"Ugh! Nini just stop asking me what-why-where-when-who.", I say.

Even though Nini is so cool sometimes she can be very irritating.

"And you said yes?", she asks.

I look guiltily at her because I didn't even ask her before saying yes.

"Yeah", I say.

And she gives the opposite reaction of what I was expecting by laughing.

"Yes yes yes. I KNEW IT.", she says jumping excitedly.

"What?", I ask.

"He likes you too.", she says.

"Who? What? No.", I say quickly.

"Now, you're being irritating.", she says to me rolling her eyes.

"Who says I like him, huh?", I ask folding my hands.

"Babe. It’s clearly written on your face and how you both act around each other. Anyone can tell.", she says.

"Really?", I ask blushing.

"Yes. Finally, you admit. And don't worry. He likes you too. Now dress up.", she winks.