4

The moment I woke up my first thought was of him. I just can’t stop thinking about him. I need to stop.

I get ready and sit on my bed while Nini is still asleep. My brain keeps thinking about Jackson…
Ugh! I hate this.

I don’t even know that much about him. Just that he has an older brother who’s married and has a very cute daughter. I guess she’s just like her uncle.

Today, we decide to go do some shopping. I’ve heard of the market here and I really wanted to go there.

The weather is perfect for outdoor shopping. I like it. More than shopping, I like roaming. It’s fun.

Nini has done a lot of shopping and wants to buy for me too. But I refuse. The ticket and hotel expenses are enough already. But I know she won’t listen to me.
The truth is ever since I saved her life once, shes just very grateful to me.

Two years ago, Nini had wanted to kill herself. She was going to jump from her office building.
Luckily, I’d gone there to check the arrangements for the party which was going to be held the next day.

But when I saw that she was about to jump, I ran and caught her at the right moment.
It was not the first time that she had done something like this, I later came to know. She had tried this before too.

Her parents were very thankful to me. And after that incident they love me and treat me like their own daughter. She’s an only child and so rich but she was very unhappy. Some failed love story about which she never talks and I never ask.

But now she’s better. And I’m always there for her.

My best friend is a queen and she doesn’t need any boy. She’s perfect by herself. No boy should become the reason that she takes her own life. I know there’s someone better for her than that loser.

First love is very hard to forget but not impossible. It takes time for our heart to heal. But it will. And one day it will just be a memory. And maybe there will be someone else, someone more perfect for us who will make us forget all about our past. We’ve just got to keep praying.

Haha these are just my thoughts because I have zero experience in this area.

So now you know why I accepted the ticket. I know that Nini feels like she owes me. So, it’s okay.
We already bought so much and then my eyes are caught by a beautiful pink scarf. Aah! My heart.

I grab it before anyone else does and I hear someone tell in my ear.

“It will really suit you.”

I turn back and see Jackson there. I can’t believe my eyes.

I’m about to fall but he catches me. He laughs.

“Careful”, he says.

“What are you doing here?”, I ask.

“Why? You don’t want me to be here?”, he asks.

“Oh no. I don’t mean that. Sorry.”, I say quickly.

“Why do you say sorry so much?”, he asks me.

And I say sorry again. I know I can be dumb at times. Ugh!
Now he laughs more.

“I came here with my parents.”, he says.

I feel nervous, I don’t know why.
Nini comes and is also shocked to see Jackson. They both talk and I notice how respectful Jackson always is. Ugh! His manners.
He really is very charming, kind, respectful, smart, cute funny, hot and…. I should stop. He’s right in front of me.

We meet his parents and they are so nice. Now I know where Jackson gets his sense of humour from. His dad. He makes the same kind of jokes that he does. His mum is lovely.

We eat and then return back to our hotel. As soon as I’m about to go to bed I see a text. I see a picture of all of us. And I crop his face out of it. Just his.

I don’t if this beautiful co-incidence of meeting him will happen again. But I’m hopeful.