Chapter 3

<Gage Grant POV>

"Gage?" Patton asked as I slipped on a shirt, "Hmm?" I hummed looking at him.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

"Yeah, why?" I asked, grabbing my bag.

"Well you've been quiet for a bit." Patton said looking worried.

"It's mom's 4th year anniversary this week." I explained stuffing my pajamas in the laundry basket that's in the corner of our room.

It was the 4th year since mom was shot and they never found the person...but I have a small theory.

One of my dad's guns went missing a few weeks before mom died, but my dad dismissed it. He just said he lost it. Patton went missing in between the time she died on a 'walk' but also he didn't seem affected by her death.

Also, there was a girl who liked me. Her name was Cassidy, she went missing a few years ago and was found floating in a river...dead.

I didn't know exactly what happened, but I think she was strangled and stabbed to death. Patton didn't seem affected at her death and also went missing during the time stamps she went missing.

"Oh right, well school's about to start." Patton said, trying to make me happy.

We were both 15 now and dad was ok, "Yeah." I said and we started to walk to school.

"Did you finish the homework?" He asked

"Yeah." I said shrugging off the question. Patton nodded as if he saw I didn't want to talk anymore.

When we got to school Patton sat next to me while Gregory sat in a different seat across the room. Mindlessly twirling my pencil I tried to pay attention to the class, but I was bored.

Patton started to poke me, making me look at him, "Did you get the notes or do you need to borrow mine?" He suggested pointing to the sheets of papers that filled with notes.

"Sure." I said picking up my bag and went with the crowd of students leaving.

"I'll see you later Gage!" Patton yelled running off to his class.

"Hey GeGe." Gregory said, nudging me.

"Hi Gregory." I said smiling.

"Did you hear? A new kid!" He said excitedly.

"Boy or girl?" I asked, twirling my pencil again.

"Boy? I think?" Gregory answered

"Great." I said rolling my eyes, "Oh come on GeGe! You used to get so excited for new boys!" Gregory said pouting.

"Yeah, but then I found out boys are pigs." I said looking at Gregory.

"Trash..." Gregory whispered, crossing his arms, "You still find boys attractive though." He backfired.

Yes I found boys attractive. Nothing against girls or anything. Just I don't find anything sexually attractive about them.

"Shut up!" I whisper, shouting, shoving him a bit.

Gregory laughed at my reaction, "Don't be so shy GeGe. We all know you like boys." He said setting his arm on my shoulder.

"Go away." I said feeling my face get warm and pushing him away.

Once I pushed him away he bumped into someone else, "Oh crap sorry!" Gregory said to the person.

"It's ok, uhh, can you help me get to my class though?" They asked, making me look at them.