Chapter 18

<Patton Harrison POV>

"Which one?" I asked, showing her two brown bags.

"Right." She answered.

"Lucky guess." I said setting both bags down and opening the right one.

Inside the bag was a turkey sandwich and some ravioli. Strange mix, but it was food none-the-less for her to eat.

"Here you go." I said, setting down the containers in front of her.

"I need my hands." She snapped and I sighed, "Right."

Taking a key from the side I unlocked her hand, "Do you feel anything with the baby?" I asked her.

"It kicked a week ago." She said and I smiled at her, "Really? What'd it feel like?" I asked, wanting to know about the baby.

She seemed a bit taken back at the way I was acting towards the baby. Never before was I fond about babies. They're just small creatures that you could step on.

"Umm, kinda like something inside of me that wanted to get out." She responded and I nodded a bit.

"I want to know the feeling." I said sadly, staring at her stomach.

"What do you mean?" She asked as I held out a plastic fork for her to use on the food.

"When I knew that I could make an heir I wanted to have the child, but I'm a fucking boy. So I needed someone else to hold the baby." I explained.

"Oh..." She said, still eating.

"Do you need anything, for the baby, I mean." I asked

"Another blanket maybe?" She suggested.

Nodding I went to my bag and pulled out a large blanket that shouldn't be missed at the house, "Here." I said handing it to her.

"What are you going to do with me after the baby is born?" She asked nervously.

"Kill you and leave you in the river." I said plainly.

"And the baby?" She questioned.

"Keep it for a bit, then 'accidently' find it." I said, doing quotes at 'accidently'.

"That's not how it works, the child will be tested to see who the mother and father is." She corrected me.

"No it's not, trust me I know." I said looking away from her.

This was getting uncomfortable, "How do you know?" She pushed.

"Just shut up and eat before I cut off your hand." I snapped at her standing up and going to the dangling animal bodies.

I'm surprised Gage's dad hasn't gotten a new key yet. Maybe he needed some time away from hunting.

Sure it was nice seeing dead animals, but this is fine too. Seeing the new God come into this world.

Once she was done with the food I packed everything up, "I'll leave the other bag in case you get hungry, I'll be back soon. I know the baby needs more food and I'll get another bucket for you." I said opening the blanket for her.

I had to give her some respect because she was carrying the child of a God. Sighing a bit I covered her, "Good night." I said walking away from her.

"Patton..." She whispered

"Yes?" I answered looking at her.

"If the baby does go to you, please take care of him or her." She asked of me, I only stared at her.