Chapter 5

<Gage Grant POV>

"Hey you ok?" Lily asked as we stopped at her locker.

"Yeah, sorry. Just thinking." I said remembering a few weeks ago how Patton talked about me and things he would do for me.

"Hi." Patton said popping up at my side and scaring me.

Ever since he confessed to everything I've been watching him closely. If he got away with killing mom who knows who he can kill and get away with next.

"Hey Patton, how was class?" Lily asked, taking her books out.

"It was fine." Patton said looking at the floor.

"You ok?" She asked slightly worried.

He picked his head up and smiled, "Yeah, just tired. A lot of school work to finish." He said, nodding a bit.

"Oh I'm sorry." She said closing her locker while stuffing her bag with the books.

"I'll be fine." Patton said, staring at the floor.

I was scared of what was going through his mind so I gently grabbed his hand. He looked at our hands and smiled brightly.

Even after he explained everything I didn't understand. Well I understood, but I couldn't comprehend it.

We heard the bell ring and left for class.

Walking into my class I saw Gregroy and Xavier sitting and talking to each other. Once they saw me I saw Xavier's face light up.

"Hey GeGe." Gregory said setting his head on the table.

"Hi guys." I said sitting next to Gregory. Mrs. Shin switched our seat so that Gregory and I still sat beside each other and Xavier sat in front of us.

"You ok?" Xavier asked, slightly worried.

"Yeah, sorry. Just thinking." I said repeating myself from earlier.

"Thinking about what?" Gregory asked.

Looking at the door to the classroom I saw Patton standing there, staring at me. As soon as he saw me looking he smiled lightly and left the door frame.

"What's up with him?" Gregory asked curiously.

"Nothing. He's just tired." I said trying not to worry myself. Patton wasn't going to do anything if I asked him not to.

"Hey, no offence... but what's Patton's deal? He seems kinda off." Xavier asked

"He lives with me. Found him years ago, he went through some...rough stuff." I explain trying to respect Patton's privacy.

"Ah ok." Xavier said, "So you guys aren't like...together?" He asked looking down hopefully.

"We're kinda like brothers? Not like boyfriends and such." I explained.

I was just waiting for Xavier to ask me out, waiting for some hint, "Oh ok." Xavier said as the teacher walked in.

Sighing, I set my head down and pouted, "It's ok." Gregory said, patting my head. He knew about my small crush on Xavier.

"Don't worry." Gregory said.

Class went on and soon lunch was here and Patton was waiting for me after class, "Hey Gage, how was class?" He asked nicely.

"It was good, you?" I asked trying to not bring anyone else up.

"Great!" He said happily to have my attention.