Chapter 14

<Gage Grant POV>

"I don't think so." I said closing my locker.

Patton stared at me fondly, "But that's how it works for women." Patton said, confused.

"You can't do that. It wouldn't work and it would be insusable." I said trying to stay calm.

He had asked if taking the womb from a woman and having it surgically implanted in him would work since he wanted to carry the child.

"Oh...alright." He sighed, setting his head on the palm of his hand.

I had stayed quiet to what Patton was planning, mostly because I was thinking he wouldn't go through with it.

But...this is Patton. He'll go through with anything if he thinks it'll please me, which it doesn't.

Quietly I walked outside with Patton, "Can we go to the playground?" He asked

Thinking for a second I questioned why he had asked, but maybe he wanted to earn back my trust, "Sure." I whispered walking in the direction of the park.

We walked to the park and he kept walking, "Patton?" I asked, stopping at the park and watching him.

"I'm sorry my love, I didn't mean the park. I wanted to see the house my dad lives in. He didn't go far." He said looking back at me, "If you'd like we can see him later." He suggested

"No, now's ok. Is there anything you expect of him?" I asked, trying not to piss him off.

Slowly he shook his head, "Just want to see if he's real or not. I don't remember much about him, just that he left when I was 6. Telling me he'd help me, and just left." Patton explained softly.

As much as he'd done for me, I left bad. He's been through so much, "Patton? Do you wish he never left?" I asked

"Not at all. If he never left then mother wouldn't be mad at me and we would be a family. He did leave though, mother did get mad and cursed me out...then I met you though. I should thank him for letting me meet you." Patton said smiling softly.

"Patton, he still left and never came back though. Wouldn't you be mad at him? Your mom was a bad person." I said, confused.

"Maybe, but I can't be mad when it leads to you. I love you and I wouldn't have it any other way." He said holding my hand.

"What if he doesn't recognize you?" I asked

"Doesn't matter. All I want is to see him." Patton clarified.

"What if it's not him? And he left town after leaving you?" I questioned

"Sorry love. I should have cleared that up for you. It's him, I know it is. In fact:I've already been here. To the house I mean, saw it was him and left." He explained.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because, if he wasn't him and I accidentally brought someone bad into our lives I would never forgive myself. After I knew it was him though, I knew I had to see him." He said smiling.

"How did you know?" I asked

"While looking through the windows I saw an old photo of me and him on the walls. I guess he wasn't afraid of his past." Patton said, last part kinda to himself though.

"Are you scared of your past?" I said, reflecting his question back onto him.

Without hesitation, "Yes actually, very." He answered