Chapter 4

<Patton Harrison POV>

Why does he care for them so much? They're nothing compared to him, so why be nice to peasants?

Staring at him while he slept I didn't want to look away, what if something happened to him while I was looking away? I would kill myself before someone harmed Gage.

He told you about Cassidy huh? I didn't kill her if that's what you're thinking. Just in the right place at the right time, or I guess it was the right place at the wrong time.

She was drifting down the river and I found her. Dragged her out and pulled out a pocket knife that Gage's dad gave me and just sliced at her.

Cassidy wasn't anything special, but she liked Gage and I couldn't have that. He didn't need lowlifes to like him, he deserved that best.

I wasn't the best, I know I wasn't. What I could do for him was anything though, anything he wanted I would do.

Even if he wanted to tie me in a basement and use me as a sex doll, I would be happy to serve him.

He saved me from mom. Mom told me only God could save me, and Gage did save me! Which makes him a God! And I would do anything for my God!

But...he didn't want any of that. Not as a toy, not a sex doll, not anything! He just kept me as a friend.

That's the thing: I didn't want to be a friend to him. I wanted it to be his everything.

What he said earlier didn't mean anything, I know he didn't mean it. Even though I was nothing compared to him, he kept me around and I'll stay forever.

Getting out of my bed I sat on Gage's bed and laid down. I heard Gage sigh and turn to me, "Hi." He said staring at me.

"Hey, I'm sorry." I said pressing my lips together.

"For what?" He asked, rubbing his eyes.

"I know you don't want me around." I said looking at his shirt and not meeting his eyes anymore.

"That's not what I meant Patton. I just think it's time to grow out of these old habits. Like...sleeping in my bed." He explained

"But...why? Do you not like what I do for you?" I asked, confused.

"Patton that's not the point, it's just time to grow up. Soon I'm going to have a boyfriend and I don't think they'll be ok with another boy sleeping in my bed." He said, making me frown.

'He doesn't need a boyfriend. All he needs is me, I'll cover his needs, not anyone else. Time to grow up huh?' I asked myself

Looking back up at him I leaned forward and kissed him lightly. He didn't fight it, but didn't kiss back.

Was I doing it wrong? I thought this was part of growing up. If he wanted to grow up I would grow up with him.

Pulling away his face flushed a bit, "What was that for?" He asked

"Isn't this growing up? Grown ups do this, isn't this what you wanted?" I asked, confused.

"No Patton. That isn't growing up. I meant we become more independent." Gage said slightly angry, "You've clung to me for years, it's time to be your own person." He said facing away from me.

Be my own person...? I was my own person. My person just decides to follow Gage, "Sleep in your own bed tonight Patton. You'll learn to be independent after you stop following me." Gage said