Chapter 8

<Gage Grant POV>

"15 year old, Chase Hartley has been arrested for the murder of Lily Sanders-" Patton turned off the TV, "What some lunch?" He asked, turning to me and smiling softly at me.

Shaking my head, "I'm gonna take a nap." I said getting off the couch and going towards the stairs, "Want me to sleep with you?" He offered.

"No, I'm ok." I said trying to get away from talking to Patton.

Getting in my bed I tried to sleep, but the thought of how he did it swarmed my mind. So after about 20 minutes I got back up and went downstairs.

"Patton?" I asked and his head perked right up at the sound of my voice.

"Yes?" He asked, happy to see me.

"How did you do it?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"How did I do what?" He asked back confused.

I swallowed my saliva, "How did you frame Chase?" I clarified for him.

He smiled softly, "I have everyone's fingerprints, they find fingerprints on the body, it leads to that person. Simple." He said

"It's sick." I snapped and he looked a bit hurt. Not saying anything he just hung his head a bit and still looked at me.

"I'm sorry..." He said lightly biting his lip.

"No you're not. I know you're not." I stated to which he nodded, "You're right, I'm not, but I thought it would make you feel better." He answered

"Well it doesn't. Who's next? Gregory? Xavier?" I asked, shrugging narsically.

Once his head was hung, "I-I" He tried but it wasn't going anywhere.

"Why haven't I turned you in...?" I asked out loud but mostly to myself.

"You know I won't get caught..." He whispered peeking his head up at me.

"Is that the only thing holding me back?" I asked sarcastically.

"I know you don't understand Gage, but this is what's right for me." He said smiling.

"Sure it is. I don't know what is wrong with you, but there's something." I said, sighing at him.

Why did I save him? It's one of the worst mistakes of my life. If I'd let him kill himself, I wouldn't be in this mess...but then I would have had trauma of watching someone die.

"Gregory..." He whispered

"What?" I asked

"Gregory is next on the list." He clarified looking down.

"There's a list!?" I screamed at him, making him flinch.

Slowly he got up and went to our room. Pulling something from under my bed it was a notebook and he gave it to me.

Quietly I opened it and a bunch of pictures fell out...it made me sick. I held my mouth and ran to the bathroom to puke up whatever I could.

I felt a hand on my back and Patton telling me to let it out. Yes I shouldn't take the comfort of what I saw from the person who did it, but it felt nice.

When I threw up all I could I laid back against the wall, "Do you do this shit for fun?" I snapped at him.

He thought for a moment before nodding, "Yes, not people though, only animals. For you though, anything." He said smiling like he was proud.