•5•

Standing up Alex fixes his suit jacket and makes his way to the first target. I watch as he 'accidentally' bumps into the man and skillfully slips the cigarettes out of his pocket and puts our fake ones in. He apologizes and walks to the bar like he was going there all along. He gets a drink and heads back to our table. Sitting down he looks at me with a grin on his face like this is a game "Your turn."
I guess for us it kinda is a game. I stand up from my seat and walk towards our other target. I see he already has a drink sitting next to him and it makes it even better that he is towards the back of the room meaning not a lot of people are around. He is at a table by himself so I walk up to him. "Is this seat taken?" I ask gesturing to the seat beside him. "For a beauty like you of course it is."
Ew gross. He is like twice my age.
I push the disgust back and give him a smile as I sit down. I make small talk with him for a while and when he excuses himself to go the bathroom I watch to make sure he actually leaves the ballroom before I unhook the charm from my bracelet and pour the poison in his drink. It is tasteless so he won't even know it is there.
I find it kinda funny that on almost every mission I have been in the men underestimate me and never think they are in danger until it is too late.
To make sure I don't raise suspicion I wait until he comes back before excusing myself to go back to my table.
I sit down next to Alex and he leans over so only I can hear him "My guy just went outside I followed him a bit and saw that he smoked one of our cigarettes so it is only a matter of time for him and your guy just took a sip of his drink."
I lean back and take a sip of my own drink before smiling. "Good the sooner they die the sooner I can leave and watch Netflix." He rolls his eyes at me "You and your Netflix."
"Hey! You can't blame me. Not like I can do much else besides training."
He doesn't say anything back and just watches our targets.
Luckily they aren't here which means I'm not on edge as much as I would be.
Just man that Alex targets isn't looking to good and grabs a nearby chair as he starts to fall over. The guy who I talked with is starting to be affected as well I watch as they fall at pretty much the same time and the people around them jump up in a panic. Everything happened so fast their were people running around getting stuff and trying to help them. Alex and I discreetly make our way to the door and are almost out of the mansion when someone behind us yells "Wait!"
We turn around and watch as a man and woman hurry our way with three guys following close behind them.
Weirdly enough they look familiar I just can't figure it out.
"May we help you?" Alex asked. The woman looks close to tears and the man takes a deep breathe and says "We are your real family."
Just like that Alex and I both froze and the memories of our past ran through our heads. Then it all just fit into place. All the things that could have been prevented and all the sleepless night and nightmares of that horrible place. It could have all been different