•8•

Every morning at six o'clock an alarm goes off in every room. Everyone gets up and trains until 8 and then we have breakfast and then start work for the day.
Today Alex and I decided we needed to let off some steam so we started in the gun range and are now headed to the punching bags.
As we worked out I asked Alex "What do you think about the whole thing with finding our family?"

He let out a sigh "I have no idea, I want to welcome them with open arms but there is so much that has to be accounted for. Anything could happen and end it all. How do we know they even want us? Did the agency really do that good of a job at hiding us? They are in the mafia they have some of the best hackers why didn't they find us?"

"Yeah, once they find out who we are and what we have been through what if they just leave us because they can't handle it?"

Alex gave me a hug and said "We don't have to figure this out now and for all we know we may never see them again."

"Yeah I guess you are right."

"Of course I am, I am always right."

Together we walk to the cafeteria to get breakfast. After breakfast Alex and I trained a couple new recruits and we were about to plan for an upcoming mission when boss called us to his office. We walked into his office and sat down waiting for him to talk. "What do you want to do about your family?"
We were silent for a while, just trying to get our thoughts together.
"I can tell my the silence that you are conflicted but just remember that what happened to you was not what they wanted. You were kidnapped not given up. They have searched for you."

"Yeah, but none of this would have happened if they weren't in the mafia. Their enemies wouldn't have wanted to take us."

"This is true but we adopted you not knowing your history. You know as well as anyone how easy it is to make enemies."

Alex and I look at each other knowing that he is right.
"We will think about it and maybe meet up with them to get the full story."

"Good, as long as you think about it. Not many people get to meet their family after so long apart."

With a lot to think about we left his office and both went to my room.
I plop down on my bed and Alex sits in the chair I have by the window. "What are we gonna do Alex?"

"I have no idea"

"What if we can't find them?"

"Now I know you are just trying to come up with excuses to not meet them. Have you forgot where we live and work? We have a team of hackers that could find them in minutes."

"I know it is just going to be hard. They weren't their when we needed them the most. We didn't have someone their to pick us up if we fall. We had to pick each other up."

"It's not going to be easy and we might decide to not pursue a relationship with them but we won't know unless we try and trying is better then wondering the what if's for the rest of our lives."