fifteen

I stared at Draco

I stared at Draco. "What are you doing here? You're not in Slug Club."

"Nothing," he muttered. "Nothing."

I crossed my arms across my chest. "What are you up to?"

"Nothing, honestly, I'm just doing my prefect duties," he said, a slight tinge of pink on his cheeks.

I could tell that he was lying, he was obviously up to something, but I didn't press the issue.

"Aren't you supposed to be at the party, anyway?" he asked.

"I'm taking a break," I replied, smoothing down the sides of my dress. "It's all very overwhelming."

"You look nice," he said. "I mean, you're dress looks nice."

"Thanks," I muttered. I remembered what Hermione had told me earlier. About how she thought Draco had been the one to curse Katie Bell. She had some pretty strong evidence, too...

He stared at me. He was so close to me that I could smell his cologne. A strong urge to kiss him swept over me, but I pushed it away.

"So..." I began, but before I could finish, Draco shoved me gently against the wall and pressed his lips to mine.

I hesitated for a moment, but then I sunk into the kiss. His lips were softer than I thought they would be, and they tasted like green apples and spearmint. I let out a soft moan and ran my fingers through his hair. His hand snakes around my waist and he deepened the kiss.

After a few moments, he pulled away. We both panted, gasping for air. "What was that for?" I whispered.

"I couldn't stop myself," he replied softly. "Go back to the party, I'll see you later."

I stared at him. "We can go back to the Common Room, I don't have to go back to the party."

"Go back to the party," he said in a demanding tone. "I have... business to attend to."

I looked at him questioningly, but then I turned around and went back inside Slughorn's office. My lips were still burning from the kiss.

"Your lipstick's smudged," I heard a voice say. I turned around. It was Hermione.

My cheeks flushed and I rubbed at my lips with my finger. "Did I get it?"

"Yes," she said.

"Where were you?" she asked. "I saw you leave."

"I was in the bathroom," I replied quickly.

She looked at me and opened her mouth to say something, but before she could, the door of Slughorn's office came crashing open.

I turned around. Filch was dragging Draco Malfoy in by the collar. "Professor Slughorn," Filch wheezed, "I discovered this boy lurking in an upstairs corridor. He claims to have been invited to your party and to have been delayed in setting out. Did you issue him with an invitation?"