Chapter 19

I grunted as my back hit the concrete floor, my shoulders twisting into an uncomfortable position as my hands were pinned above my head. I leveled a glare at the red-haired naga above me, his lips twisted into a coy smirk as his serpentine body pressed down against my legs, making the fragile joints feel every pound of his hefty weight.

"A 'sorry' isn't going to cut it, (y/n)," Oso's forked tongue darted out, the tines spreading wide before lazily slipping back into his mouth, "That may have worked with Choro and Kara, but you forgot about me and grudges."

I twisted my spine to try and pull free from his grip, clenching my teeth in frustration when Oso gave a hooded stare while tightening his hand a little more, refusing to let me go. I had tried to approach the oldest brother with the same mentality as the other two, ashamed that he already had seven grudges against me and wasn't going to listen to a small apology...not when I already owed him so much.

Oso had been waiting for me right inside the access door and I took the opportunity to apologize, only to feel him shove my shoulders against the partially open door and push me to the ground like some kind of prey. He had the same heated look on his face as Kara and Choro had, a dusting of red across his cheeks as his red eyes swept across my face while his lower body adjusted against my own.

"This is the last time I'll forget...!" I shut my mouth as he leaned in close, our noses nearly touching.

"Somehow, I doubt that," Oso's hot breath danced across my lips, "You've already stacked up a long list of dues with me. One for each of my brothers, another for coming to our island and bringing those humans there, and yet another for putting us in here."

I shook my head, turning away so I could speak, "Those last two aren't my fault and we both know it. You said that I could get rid of those grudges by trying to find a way to get you all out of here, right? What if I told you I'm halfway there?"

Oso's red-rimmed eyes slightly widened as he pulled away a little bit, "...and?"

"I've secured a ride to your island. The same pilot that dropped me off has a crew willing to take you all back," My voice dropped in volume, cautious of anyone listening in, "I just need to find a way to get you all out of here safely, and you're gone."

"Interesting..." His eyes hooded once more, leaning back in as his tongue flickered over my skin, "...That'll be two grudges taken care of. So what are you going to do for the first six?"

"...I'm getting you all out of here. What more could you want from me?" My eyes narrowed, unsure of what he was talking about. Oso had the hardest personality to figure out, as he kept flipping between being satisfied that I was trying to get them home and being upset that I wasn't doing it fast enough. His tail shifted a little as my knees cried out for relief, drawing a hissed breath between my teeth as his hand finally released my wrists.

"I've been laying by that black wall where I hear the other human voices every so often," His torso settled on top of mine, crossing his arms above my breasts as I became Oso's lounge, "They say the most interesting things sometimes. The most common question is 'is this real?', followed by statements about how my brothers and I are amazing to look at. I hear them almost every day...but there's one thing that stood out to me. Some human had commented about a group of people that were organizing a raid to happen soon, with the same human promising me that she'd get me out and treat me better than you were."

The color drained from my face as my mouth suddenly became dry, suddenly unbothered about the intimate position Oso had put himself in.

"When...did you hear that...?"

"Hmm, probably a few days ago."

"When were you going to tell me this?" I shifted my eyes to look into his own.