t w e n t y - t w o

Aaron almost fell off his chair when the loud shouting of one of the unsubs voices filled the air, deafening their ears considerably.

"GET AWAY FROM ME." He screamed. They could hear Ana trying to explain to the unsub that he was having a psychotic break. Or at least, that was what it looked like to her. "NO." He roared and they heard the click of the safety clip being switched off. Hotch turned to the video surveillance Garcia had first accessed when they got there. His face paled as he saw the mentally unstable unsub point his gun straight at Ana.

"Irrational anger, evident disorganized behavior, aggression, agitation." Spencer mumbled under his breath, knowing that Ana could hear him.

She narrowed her eyes at the man who had started to mumble rapidly to himself. It suddenly clicked and she turned, an annoyed expression on her face as she looked at mr tall guy and muscles — who were incredibly confused and mildly freaking out.

"You brought a fucking bipolar man to rob a bank." She hissed at the two of them, not even noticing the large guns in their hands. "What is wrong with you?"

Muscles looked shocked, a thin sheen of sweat forming just below his hairline. "I- We didn't-"

"The man is shaking and his eyes are flitting around the building with obvious paranoia and instead of leaving him at a mental hospital, you convinced him tag along in a high stress situation and gave him a gun!" She berated the two men, completely forgetting that Mr 'I'm mentally unstable' just shot a woman.

Tall guy was mildly annoyed at his partner who was still shaking beside him. "Do something about it then." He growled, finally remembering that the upper hand was his with a gun clutched between his fingers.

She hesitated, "Get that gun away from him first. Suicidal tendencies are common in bipolar patients."

Muscles grabbed the gun from freak-out guy and slung it around his back, smirking as he realized he had an extra gun now. Of course the guy had to be bipolar, their team of criminals couldn't be more normal?

Ana slowly approached freak-out guy. "It's okay. You're okay." She said softly as she held out her hands, making sure he could see them so he knew she wasn't going to touch him. That would only aggravate his condition.

His frenzied eyes met her calm ones and for some odd reason, he felt calmer. She shushed him softly, talking to him gently and helping him sit down on the floor, going to sit next to him.

Spencer watched as she made no sudden movements and talked to him as if he was a small child. She managed to calm him down, but he was not in the a state to carry on helping his buddies. I think they realized that when they watched him start to cry. Well tall guy was watching intently while muscles continued to taunt the other hostages. Spencer stuck with Charlotte but was ready to run to Ana if anything happened.

Suddenly, the need for him to use his ankle gun seemed so futile as he watched the trio of previously driven robbers melt into cesspools of worry and anxiety. It was obvious that their strong reverie had been broken by their partners psychotic break. They were slowly relenting to the fact that they were done. They'd been caught. Maybe it was better to surrender.

Suddenly, freak-out guy started seizing and Spencer rushed towards him and Ana. Ana had to lay him down and roll him on his side as she waited for the seizure to pass.

"Why is he seizing?" Spencer shrieked.

Ana checked his pulse and furrowed her eye brows when she felt it racing under her fingers. She stared down at his bloodshot eyes and her nostrils flared when she had yet another realization.