t w e n t y - e i g h t

TW: throwing up happens briefly in this chapter.

Ana woke up with a start, rolling over to check her phone. Instead of falling out of bed like she usually did, she just carried on rolling. That was when she opened her eyes and took her surroundings. She furrowed her brows when the unfamiliar surroundings filled her eyesight, but she relaxed when she saw Spencer next to her.

"Spencer." She whispered as she rolled closer to him and nudged his shoulder. The boy genius had fallen asleep on a book and his drool was getting all over it.

Ana couldn't say much because she was still hugging a thick, leather bound book extremely close to her as she struggled to wake up. Her head was pounding, her shoulder felt numb after sleeping on it for the majority of the night and she almost gasped as she remembered the events that had transpired the day before.

A sinking feeling grew in her stomach as she sat up, remembering exactly what had happened. She finally located her phone and looked at the time, biting her lips softly as she studied her phone. It was early in the morning, around five.

Spencer groaned as he woke up, wiping his mouth tiredly as he realized he was on the floor. Last night's memories flooded his mind and he looked around him, taking in the numerous new books that lay haphazardly on the floor. He looked around further and noticed Ana sitting against his couch, a worried look on her face.

"Good morning." He croaked tiredly as he pushed himself off the floor and went to sit next to her.

She offered him a weak smile. Obviously the drinking only distracted her for the night.

"Thank you." She said quietly. He lifted his brow in a questioning manner and she smiled gratefully at him. "For giving me a much needed distraction. Otherwise I would've overthought things until I exploded."

Spencer chuckled at the odd phrasing, "What are friends for?"

He finally found his phone, which was under his couch and pulled it out,  switching it on and seeing a few messages from Hotch as well as a few missed calls. He cursed softly to himself and called the man back, noting that had only been around six minutes since the last message and Hotch could still need him.

"Spencer." He heard his boss's gruff voice on the other side of the phone.

"Hey, what do you need?" He rushed out.

Aaron hesitated before answering. "I need to go run a few errands and can't get ahold of Jessica. Would you mind if you look after Jack for a while? I know you're one of his favorite people."

"Of course." Spencer grinned as he thought of the mini-Hotch who was so full of life. "I, uh, Ana's with me. Is it okay if she came too? I know Jack adores her."

Aaron ran his fingers through his hair worriedly, he didn't necessarily want to talk to her because he knew she'd slip into doctor mode and try to make him spill all his feelings and he didn't want to do that right now. On the other hand, Spencer was right, Jack would be fine if the two of them were there.

"Yeah." He gulped. "Sure."

"Great. We'll be there in ten." Spencer told him and ended the call.

"Is Jack okay?" Ana asked after she noticed that Spencer was on a call anymore.

He nodded, "Hotch just needs someone to looks after him for a little bit. I told him you were going to tag along."

Ana nodded, picking up her phone and rifling through her contacts to get to Charlottes one. "If we only have ten minutes, then I need a change of clothes fast."