Chapter 9

Aidan stays to talk with Mr Blackman and Gerard Way so I decide to walk back with the young cast to keep talking.

"Hey, guys," I greet them.

"Hey, (y/n)," TJ says, "how was your scene?"

"Good, everyone said I was very good, but Mr Blackman cut in when Aidan and I were about to kiss."

"Aw, that's unfortunate. I'd die to see you both ending up together. Not hating Jane, though but you and Aidan make a better couple than them," she tells us.

"Thanks."

"Hey, (y/n)," Cameron starts, "have you heard about The Promised Neverland?"

"Anime? Well, I've read the manga but I haven't watched the anime yet," I answer.

"Well, to be honest, it's pretty good. The first season, at least, you should totally watch it."

"Why don't we watch it tomorrow, eh? How does that sound?"

"Perfect! I'll make us some popcorn."

"I'll get some candies."

"Why don't we all go out someday as well?" TJ asks. "When are we all free?"

"We have the weekends off," Cameron and Dante say.

"Yeah, me too," Ethan and Eden answer in unison.

"Do we all have weekends free?" TJ asks again.

"Yes!" We all answer.

"Perfect, then let's hang out this weekend!" TJ says, excitedly.

"I'm down!" I answer.

"Me too!" Cameron and Dante say again.

"Let's go!" Blake and Eden say.

"Oh, this weekend?" Ethan starts. "Sorry, I can't, I already had plans for this weekend."

"That's okay," I say, "you can come with us next time. What will you do?"

"I will spend time with my family on a small vacation, it's my grandma's birthday on Saturday, and Sunday we'll be on a very small trip to my uncle's farm."

"Sounds like a good plan," Eden says, "but it's okay, we'll hang out with you next time."

"Cool," Ethan continues, "so what will y'all do on the weekend?"

"Okay, so there's this new place just like two blocks from here that opened 3 days ago, it's an 80s Diner," TJ starts, "and you can dance and eat. They also have a jukebox you can dance to."

"Sounds tempting," I say, "so is it like very retro or does it have more modern things than what they had in the 80s??"

"A little of both, I've seen it already and it's so pretty!"

"I'm up for it," I say.

"Okay, let's do it!" Cameron says and then Eden, Blake and Dante follow.

"Great! Then on Sunday, maybe we can hang out more in the morning and then we can all spend time with our families in the afternoon, how does that sound?" TJ suggests.

"Great!" We all answer.

"Oh, I suggest we go to a karaoke, what do y'all say?" I ask.

"Sounds like so much fun!" TJ says, excitedly. "I love singing."

"Let's do it, then," Eden tells me.

"Amazing," I continue, "asides from all that, maybe we can also go shopping first thing on Saturday morning and then go to the cinema right there, pass by the park to have a small picnic and then go to the 80s Diner for dinner."

"So cool!" Eden says.

"Alright, well, we'll see almost each other on Saturday," I look at Ethan.

"You have to promise me that we'll do exactly that a second time!" He says, amused.

"Of course," we all say.

"By the way," I start, "I have a friend here that now has the job of being my assistant and I was wondering if maybe I could invite her with us?"

"For sure," TJ says, "the more, the merrier."

"Great! Thanks."

The thing that snaps us back to reality and startles TJ and me is the bell to come back to set.

I scream when I hear it. "Oh my gosh," I laugh with a hand on my chest.

Eden laughs. "You okay?"

"Yeah, TJ? I ask.

"Yeah, I'm cool," she says, still slightly in shock.

"Well, let's get back to set," I say, walking towards Aidan who hasn't even quite moved from his place.

I walk back, Aidan starting to get ready and concentrating. We get into position and start filming almost immediately.

"Guys, let's skip the kiss scene for now, shall we?" Mr Blackman says.

"Oh, for sure," Aidan and I answer.

You have something up your sleeve, I can feel it, just like Gerard you're kind of hiding something you know about

"I just want to get it right, but not right now, I don't feel like it's an appropriate moment. It's also Gerard's idea," he says.

"Yeah," Gerard says behind him, sat on his chair.

Right...?

"Yeah, that's alright," I say.

"Okay, let's film after the kiss," he continues.

"Why?" Five asks.

"Why what?" I continue.

"Why do you love me, Number Eight?" He pauses to let me think. "And why can't you accept your feelings for me? I know there are in here, somewhere," he points to my chest.

I love you because you're one of the most amazing people I've ever met. Trust me. You are the resemblance of my perfect man. We are similar in many ways and at the same time extremely different. But that's exactly the point in relationships, having differences is what makes them a couple. And you care. For everyone. And everything. You might think you're not attractive, but God, your eyes and smile... They probably know me better than I do myself, and they are love itself. And I love them.

"Because you care," I say, getting out of my thoughts and into the role again, "you care for us, your family, even if you're not the beast sometimes, you still care about us. And you don't care if you need to risk your own life for us, you'd do it. I feel like that is something I look for in a man."

"And why don't you accept you love me?" Five continues.

"I just did," I reply. "But I don't like to appear weak in front of people. I wouldn't want to give someone a misinterpretation of how bad they can treat me because I'm love with them and I'd never leave them. I'm too scared."

"You don't have to," Aidan caresses my cheek. "I'm here to protect you, just like you said."

"Cut!" Mr Blackman shouts.

Aidan and I get up from the floor.

"I loved it!" Gerard shouts, excitedly.

"Yes, that was amazing," Aidan says, while I help him from the floor, "I almost thought you meant it."

I'm just glad you can't read my mind-

"That was awesome, guys," Mr Blackman says, walking towards us and wiping a few tears from his face, "you made Gerard and I cry and gave us goosebumps."

"Oh, good," Aidan says, "well, she's got a gift," he nods towards me.

It wasn't all acting...

"Well, let's all have lunch now!" Mr Blackman yells, clapping his hands together. "We have 45 minutes!" He looks at his watch.

Great, I'm starving. Oh... I have to be with Aidan now... That's going to be embarrassing, I hope he doesn't say anything about the scene.