Chapter 13

I call Dante and ask him at what time would he like to meet up. He tells me to be ready in an hour, that he'll come to pick me up, so I agree.

I ask my parents if it's okay for me to go out with Dante this time, but they're not fond of the idea of me going out with another guy I don't quite know.

"Why are you going out with so many guys lately?" My dad asks. "It's starting to unsettle me."

"I promise it's only Cameron and Dante," I tell him, "It's nothing like what you may be thinking. Dante asked me to go to the mall, taking advantage of our days off set. And Cameron and I had so much in common when we started talking so we wanted to spend some time, that's it. You guys taught me a valid lesson growing up, "it's important to meet new people every now and then, but never let anyone get too comfortable with you"."

My mom looks at my dad and then back at me. "But what about us?" She asks. "You're not spending even half the time you would spend with us back home."

"Yes, I am aware of that," I reply, "but it's also mainly because of that. I always spend too much time with the two of you, since I'm an only child, and I'd love for you guys to have dates again and spend more time alone together. And I could finally have some time to spend with friends and also get to know the people I'm working with."

They think for a while, knowing that I made a good point.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," my mom says after a while.

"You can go out with friends and co-workers," my dad starts, "as long as you promise you won't get in trouble, we can trust you that you'll be on your best behavior and that you'll take care of yourself and call us no matter what happens."

"I promise I will," I say, "I promise you can both trust me."

"Alright sweetie," my mom kisses my cheek.

"Oh! And by the way," I make them face me again, "tomorrow I'll be spending the whole day with the young crew, Aidan, his girlfriend and Laura will be there too."

"If Aidan is gonna be there, that's fine," my dad says.

Since we were little and spent so much time together, Aidan and I, my dad ended up trusting Aidan and Aidan only. No other man has been able to gain my father's trust like Aidan has. Another reason we should be together.

"And Laura," my mom finishes.

My mom has always trusted Laura. I guess she can spread trust everywhere because every person who meets her, trusts her. Including my family and me.

"Wait, hold on," realization hits my mom like a truck and I can see it on her face, "when did Laura come?"

"She told me she applied for the job of being my assistant," I tell her, "and she came here as fast as she could. So here we are," I laugh.

"That's very admirable of her, well, we're leaving then. We will spend the afternoon out and then maybe the three of us can go out to eat and then end the day somewhere fun before coming back."

"Yeah, for sure!" I smile.

"Okay, we'll see you later."

"Bye mom, bye dad," I wave.

"Bye," they wave back and leave.

I put on an appropriate outfit for the mall, put on a little bit of make up and call Dante to pick me up.

"Hey," he says through the phone.

"Hi Dante," I greet him. "I wanted to give you the address and tell you that I'll be waiting in the hotel's lobby, is that okay?"