Chapter 37

"Wow! What an amazing place you've got to rule Jyesth." Arjun said drily.

The Pandavs were at Kandavaprastha with some architects and workers. They only brought people who were required to make the city with them. A handful of soldiers accompanied them. As the heat of the sun was bearing harshly on them, tents were made and arrangements for bhoomi pujan (prayer for new construction) got completed.

"How'll we build the city and how'll people survive here Jyesth? This place is surrounded by forest that can be useful, but we can't go there. In this barren land nothing grows. And this heat is burning us. Why Indra dev cursed this land?" Nakul said with dejection. He was the most affected by the heat among the brothers. His face had turned red like a tomato from inspecting the area for hours.

"He didn't curse the lands. He gave a boon to the nagas (snakes) that this place will be theirs and no human will be able to live on this land. The Kandava forest only contains Pisacha, Rakshasa and daitya-danavs with the naga tribe." Yudhisthir said. Earlier or later they were going to have a confrontation with those. People were afraid to come here. He had already ordered for the Wells to be dug fast. But making this weather livable was going to be a struggle.

"Where's bhrata Bheem?" Sahdev asked. Bheem entered the tent just then with a basket of ladoos. He looked at Nakul's red face.

"Nakul, take this ladoo. You'll feel better." Bheem offered him one. Arjun's eyebrows reached his hairline.

"Give me cool water, bhrata Bheem. Ladoos are not going to give me relief." Nakul said.

"Woh toh nehi hai. Aur ladoo se mujhe to rahat mil raha hai. Toh mai hi kha leta hu. (That's not available. And ladoos are giving me relief. So I'll eat them only.)" Bheem said and ate the one he offered to Nakul.

In Dravida:

Drisana was sitting beside a fountain at the garden with a heavy heart. Was she wrong? Should she have informed Pandavs about Vrikasthala? Well, she didn't care. Hastinapur needed to be divided. Not only for her and Nakul, but also for the betterment of Pandavs and common people. Yudhisthir had to come out of their clutches to make changes for the well-being of Aryavart.

She was feeling bad for taking advantage of Dridhaksh's situation though. He was already suffering. She could understand his pain. At least she had hope of getting her love. But he didn't even had that. Drisana was afraid for her brother. She had promised that she would complete his love story both to him and herself. But from what she knew that wasn't going to happen. And it was going to end terribly. Well, she just needed to make sure it didn't. Easy enough, right? 'Yeah, right.'

"Why are you sitting here alone?" Subhadra asked from behind.

"Just contemplating some things." Drisana said.

"What things?" Subhadra asked sitting beside her.

"Love and it's consequences. How easy it is to fall in love, but how difficult to get it. Not everyone is lucky enough to get their love." Drisana said as a sigh escaped her lips.

"Bhrata Krishna says if you love someone with a pure heart, not even Gods are able to take that from you. The hurdles that comes in its path can only test it's strength." Subhadra said. Drisana looked at her with raised eyebrows.

"What? If you love someone truly, the place, time, people nothing matters, you'll continue to love even though the person isn't with you. But if it's breakable and weak, it'll fade. So, it's not love we try to get because that always remains with us, it's the presence of the person that we try to achieve. Bhrata Krishna says so." Subhadra completed. Drisana chuckled. Krishna and his sayings.