Chapter 45

Drisana was thinking how to help Nakul. What could be the answer of the riddle? Nakul looked around the market. If they had brought him here, then the answer must be around here somewhere. As Drisana was contemplating, her eyes went to a stall and her mind got to work.

Yes.

But how to tell Nakul? Her brothers wouldn't let her help him. She looked for sometime as an idea formed in her mind.

"I'm thirsty." Drisana said loudly. Nakul looked at her and Dhritimat narrowed his eyes.

"Okay. I'll tell the guards to bring water for you." Dridhaksh said.

"No! I mean I'm thirsty and I want to drink cold juice from that stall and 'for this' I need to go there." Drisana said looking pointedly at Nakul as Dhritimat glared at her. Nakul understood her meaning.

"Let's go then. I also want some cold juice." Nakul said smiling slightly.

They went near the stall and ordered juice. Dhritimat came near Drisana and asked,

"What are you doing?"

"I'm only drinking juice. Don't worry. Your answer will be given by him only. What you want to make him understand, he will." Drisana replied.

After they finished drinking, Nakul handed the first coin to the seller. Dhritimat was waiting for his explanation with raised eyebrows.

"Well. This seller has opened this stall for his livelihood. So that this could be useful to him. So this coin is for him. In other words, this coin is for this cause that helps this man in earing money. Did I spend the coin rightly, Rajkumar Dhritimat?" Nakul asked. Dhritimat nodded with a stern face.

"You still have two more to spend." Dhritimat reminded him. Nakul sighed.

As they were walking around, he saw a small temple and went near it. There sat a purohit reciting holy scriptures. He looked at Nakul and greeted him.

"Rajkumar give some donation in the name of God." He requested pointing towards the donation box. Nakul was going to put coins in it when something occurred to him. He looked at Dhritimat who stood beside him and put the second coin on the donation box. At Dhritimat's questioning look, he replied,

"The second coin is spend for that. The cause is God and I spent it on that cause. Though the coin is spent in the name of God, someone else will be benefited by it. So this coin is for that."

Dridhaksh and Daiwik looked impressed while Dhritimat was sulking.

"Aaj pratham bar bhrata Dhritimat ke sakal dekhne layek hai. (Bhrata Dhritimat's face is worth watching for the first time.)" Daiwik muttered that was only heard by Drisana and Dridhaksh. Dridhaksh coughed to hid his laugh and Drisana looked around controlling herself.

"You still have one coin left that you have to spend on no one." Dhritimat said giving Nakul a fake smile. Nakul's smile disappeared as he looked at the third coin.

Karna was trying to hide from Subhadra. That girl was driving him mad with her non-stop talking. How much could a person talk? He stiffened as someone put a hand on his shoulder.

"What are you doing, Maharathi Karna?" Nakul asked. Karna relaxed somewhat realising it was Nakul only.

"Nothing. What are you doing? I thought your would be brother-in-laws love you too much to leave you alone." Karna said controlling his twisting lips as Nakul's face showed his disdain.

"Don't ask. They're shadowing me everywhere. I escaped with difficulty." Nakul replied sighing. This time Karna couldn't hold his chuckle.

"They love you too much." Karna said.