Chapter 39

Days were passing fast at Indraprasht. Pandavs were busy in different matters of their new kingdom, Rajmata Kunti, Devika and Draupadi were busy in managing the new Palace and also the demands of the kingdom, helping Pandavs as much as they could. Karna was roaming at the city most of the times, taking in the beauty of Indraprasht. Though he stayed at Indraprasht, he declined the offer of staying at the Palace. As he got to know about the marriage proposal and their intention of going to Dravida, he reconsidered his decision. Thinking it inappropriate to go at such a time.

"What happened Maharathi Karna? Which thought troubles you? I hope you're prepared for the journey to Dravida. In fact, I was thinking why don't you join us as our destination is same?" Krishna said with his smile as he came to stand beside him. Karna came to meet Kunti at the Palace as she wanted to talk about something important. What? He couldn't guess.

"Actually I was thinking it wouldn't be appropriate for me to go there right now. I'll go sometime else." Karna replied.

"Why? You should be there for your younger brother." Krishna said looking at Kunti. Kunti's breath caught hearing his words. As Karna's back was towards her, he didn't notice.
"I mean Rajkumar Nakul is like a younger brother to you. And also Drisana is your sister. She would be happy if you're present at the most special and important occasion of her life."

"But -" Karna was searching for words to decline. How to tell him that Karna didn't want to impose on anyone. He was a nobody and his presence at such a occasion could be questioned. He was humiliated at Draupadi's swayamvar even though he was a King. He didn't wanted to give people another reason to laugh at him. He had no place between royals.

"You should come with us. Who knows what is awaiting you at Dravida? Maybe it'll give your life a new direction." Krishna said with his cunning smile.

"Putra Karna" Karna turned at the voice of Rajmata Kunti.
"I've waited a long time to get united with my childs. This occasion is very special for me and it'll give me more pleasure if you accompany me. Consider it my request, Putra." Kunti said emotionally. She called him to tell the truth. But couldn't if it meant he wouldn't go with them.

"You don't need to request Rajmata. I'll accompany you." Karna said.

Here all the arrangements for going to Dravida was completed. As the Kingdom needed their attention, it was decided that Rajmata Kunti would go to talk about the alliance and Arjun, Draupadi, Nakul and Karna would accompany them with Krishna as he needed to take Subhadra with him to Dwarka. All were busy in teasing Nakul at every opportunity.

"Now he'll again start wheeling around Drisana." Arjun said chuckling.

"So what? At least he doesn't ignore her like some people." Draupadi said angrily. Everyone looked at her and Arjun gulped.

"What have you done now?" Sahdev asked whispering.

"I'm trying to remember." Arjun whispered back.

"Careful Parth. Baan eeshi disha mein aata pratit ho raha hai. Aapna rakshan kar lo. (Arrow is coming in this direction only. Save yourself.)" Krishna said to Arjun.

"Parantu baan dikhai de to na rakshan karu Madhav. (But how to save when I can't see the arrow.)" Arjun said.

"What happened Sakhi? Who is ignoring whom?" Krishna asked.

"Ask your Parth. There's so much to do. But why should he take tension? I'm here, his dasi. I only have to do everything while he roams. I gave him a small work, but he couldn't even do that." Draupadi said.

"What work? When?" Arjun asked confusingly.

"Look. He doesn't even remember. I told you to bring special sweets to take for the journey, didn't I?" Draupadi said looking at him.