nine

nine

the morning came and you followed your usual routine to get ready for school. making your way down, just like any other day, your little brother pushed his way downstairs.

"have a good day!" he turned around to you and waved you goodbye.

"what's gotten into him?" your mum asked, surprised at his sudden behaviour as soon as he shut the door behind him.

your shrugged your shoulders to indicate you didn't know, you waved her and made your way to your school.

reaching school, sakura puts her arms around you, "guess who came yesterday?"

you raised your eyebrows in curiosity.

"tobio." she held her face with her palms dreamily.

"great." you patted her head, snatching her back to reality.

the day started as the teacher came in and started with her lecrures. everyone paid attention since it was the last year of highschool. everyone aimed for a good college so none of you wasted time slacking off during classes, although you, sometimes looked outside the window to the flowers field outside. catching glimpses of the life ahead you, a life so short yet beautiful it's almost a tragic.

after class, during lunch you walked slowly to the cafeteria while sakura was helping the teacher out carrying some books.

you saw bokuto, leaning on the window in the corridor and the next you knew was that you walked towards him. it was upon almost reaching him you realized you have been walking towards bokuto when you immediately changed the direction but it was too late since he already saw you.

"y/n!" he ran towards you.

"you disappeared yesterday." he frowned.

"you disappeared for almost a week." you shot back.

"wha- you numbered the days? did you wait for me?" his smirk was felt all over your body.

you instantly regretted saying that. no you didn't wait for him, maybe a little. how could a person have a meaningful conversation with someone and disappear like that? of course he got you thinking about him but it doesn't mean anything, does it?

"wha-nooo." you rolled your eyes.

"you know, you look pretty cute pissed off." he remarked.

"i-your whole team disappeared, that's why. and sakura was looking for akaashi these past days." you felt like defending yourself.

"what? sakura knew about it y/n. anyway, we are at the volleyball camp."

"during the week?" you asked.

"yeah, the official matches are soon so we practice pretty much."

you nodded. it must be so good being a volleyball player, skipping classes during weeks, a dream come true.

"by the way, wait for me after school." he said right before turning around.

"again?" you questioned which made his head turn around.

"so i can show you how to live." he smiles, brightly.

"sir with all due respect, i do know how to live." you crossed your arms.

*you didn't let me finish." he shook his head in disappointment.

"to live is to love, sugar. if you fuel yourself with hatred, you're only surviving." he continued and sounded like an old man.

"i am not hating anyone, bokuto."

"you're not loving either."

"so if i don't love anyone, that means i am hating everyone? the opposite?" you couldn't help but shake your head over what he said.

"the opposite of love is the absence of love and that's exactly what i wanna fill you up with, love."

"you're too persistent." you shook your head.

"not everyone can become a captain and an ace. i simply don't know how to give up." he winks as he walked away leaving you speechless.

"what am i going to do with this guy?" you shook your head as you sighed and walked towards your friend, sakura.