seventeen

seventeen

when the morning came, the conversation from yesterday played in your head, reminding you that
you actually admitted that you
liked bokuto but you have no idea how he feels about you.

the worse thing now was to take the risk, let him be aware of your feelings towards him or suffer in silence. honestly, the second option sounded better but the hurt will last an eternity. you were aware of that fact.

you just hoped that he likes you too. you took your time getting ready for school as usual, tied up your hair the usual way but left a few strands of hair on the front. you didn't look much different but who cares. you took your bag and walked out of your room.

you thought for a moment as you stood at your room's door, rushed back in, stood in front of the dressing table and applied vaseline, it's good to take care of your lips, isn't? a little perfume wouldn't hurt anyone. you applied a bit on your neck and rushed outside before you thought for more things to do.

you walked over to school, in a bright cheery mood, like you always do...

ahead of you, you saw akaashi and sakura walking together, of course it wasn't weird considering how they are neighbors. you decided to greet them.

"heyaa!" you let you enthusiasm slip.

"hey y/n- san, did anything good happened this morning? you look... excited." akaashi made a remark.

sakura shook her head, smiling. "hey babe." she sniled, thinking you might have admitted your feelings from last night.

"oh- bokuto san. i'll take my leave y/n- san, sakura-san." sudden mention of bokuto's name made you super nervous, like you'd do anything to hide from him. at the same time, you wanted him to see you.

when you saw bokuto, walking ahead a few students, he wasn't alone.... was with a girl. of course you grew curious all of the sudden. all this time you haven't seen him near a girl. all this time he never showed any interests in any of the girls.

"ooOo, a competition? a rival?" sakura made a remark.

even if there was something going between the guy you like, bokuto and that girl, you wouldn't consider her as your rival or anything, if anything, you'd give your blessing and let him be happy with whoever he was. you liked him, you'd want what's best for him.

you weren't one of the girls who'd fight. if someone makes your crush happy, you'd let them be. isn't that what love is? choosing the beloved's happiness rather than yours?

you just wished, for a brief moment for that girl to be you.

you shook your head, making those thoughts slip away your mind to not ruin your entire day. sakura might have noticed the sudden change in your mood as she put her hand on your shoulder and sighed, " let's go!"

it was weird, how a little picture, a little scene from reality could take over your mind entirely. like you didn't even know that girl yet she refuses to leave your mind. that image with bokuto talking to her was just imprinted in your brain instead of what your teacher was teaching now should be.

you came back to reality, and moved your eyes from the window to bokuto. during the lecture, he looked so focus as if his life was on stake. he wouldn't take his eyes off the professor even for a moment, noting down the important notes. you just noticed that he was wearing glasses and looking incredibly cute in them.

you chuckled as you looked at him, unfortunately, it grabbed the attention of your professor. "what do you find so amusing y/n?" he stopped his lecture and looked at you, resulting in everyone looking at you.

"n...n..nothing sir."

"there must be something more amusing than what i'm teaching here for you to laugh?"

anything, anything will be far more amusing than what you're teaching here. "nothing, really sir.... i was just covering up my cough." does this even make sense?!

he sighed as he proceeded with his lecture leaving you embarrassed.

you moved your eyes to bokuto only to find him looking into yours.