thirteen

thirteen

"let's go have lunch together. i am craving taiyaki so bad." he said as soon as he reached you. you were startled for a moment but soon settled down as you were starting to get used to his ways.

"i thought you were practicing." you said.

"i was. i just got free and haven't eaten anything yet so let's go eat first questions later."

"alright." you nod your head as you had no other reason to say no to bokuto.

    you both walked to the nearest restaurant that serves taiyaki and throughout the way you couldn't help
but notice a weird smile on bokuto's face.
like he played very well today or his
shots were fired up or maybe he
learned something new.

you both settled down choosing a table near the window for a clear and fresh look outside the garden which was a part of the restaurant. bokuto got up and went to order while you just stared outside the window.

like you usually do. it was your favourite thing to do, more like a natural thing to do, you unconsciously, aimlessly wander
your eyes around, look here and there at the pretty things like flowers, grass, the plants and sometimes the butterfly trying to suck the nectar out of the flowers. sometimes you're deep in your thoughts or sometimes you are just admiring the pretty little things.

it makes you realize how small things matter. how looking at nature, fresh air, flowers greenery makes you calm your nerves, makes you realize how you are one of them. makes you realize all the things, gestures or anyone's life seem so small to anyone not in their shoes looks just like these insects and plants, not so significant but if you really see, really see, you'd see their entire world and how everything is connected to the other. how everything matters, no matter how big and small they are.

you shook your head suddenly realising you're out with bokuto, it immediately made your stomach a bit uneasy, making you nervous. it was weird since you knew you wouldn't feel anything like that anymore, specially for him but looking at him, making his way to you made feel a sudden tingleness making its way down to your spine. 'what the hell?'

"i am so hungry." bokuto held his stomach as soon as he sat down in front of you. you couldn't help feel a bit sorry for him for he has been practicing the whole day. you hoped for the food to arrive fast. distracting him might be a good idea too.

"so... how was the practice?" what the hell are you doing y/n?

".....tiring." he raised his eyebrows.

"so why didn't your coach give you a break or something?"

"well he cares for us a lot but our matches are soon and they are with nekoma, the best of the best but I'm sure they wouldn't be able to pick my spikes." he sounded so satisfied with himself that he got lost into his thoughts for a moment, probably thinking about how good he was.

you got kind of relieved you did what you had to. he came back to reality and shook his head, "wheres the food???" he looked here and there hoping for the waiter to arrive with the food.

"he's here I guess" you looked at a waiter coming out and to your relief he put the plates in front of you.

your eyes widened when you looked at the plates the waiter was setting. "umm... isn't this too much?" you moved your eyes to bokuto to see him almost drooling over taiyaki.

"watch me eat it all. don't be a slow eater or else i won't show any mercy y/n. dig in." bokuto fought against his mind to avert his eyes from the food to you to warn you.

"Thank you the food." you both said in unison and munched in.