fifteen

fifteen

"well, do you wanna go somewhere else?" you asked while walking towards your place.

"what do you mean?" he stopped to look at you.

"can we go somewhere else? like it's not like someone is waiting for me at my home or you have some practice to do."

he nodded his head, making it seem like he understood and that you were correct.

"where do you wanna go?" he, once again moved his eyes to yours which was kinda dangerous. looking directly at him was like looking directly at the clear bright sky. too beautiful to avert your eyes from but you are afraid to look for too long.

you thought for a place to go for a while. "what about a place we could watch a pretty sunset?" you asked.

"not a bad idea and i have just a place for it!" his lips curved upwards.

"plus it ain't that far!" he grabbed your wrist and started running. you felt that weird feeling again. like your heart beating at its doubled pace but you shook your head, 'its probably because of running.'

but looking at him from behind made you feel a bit different. it's like how it always was with oikawa. he was always ahead of you, running. running ahead of everyone and everything, not caring who he's leaving behind.

(author's note: lmao i definitely love oikawa but since he was y/n's ex, he was a bitch but once again, i love him with all my heart. And he deserves so much. )

bokuto, right now, looked like someone you could never reach. someone who will always be ahead of you no matter what. you couldn't synchronise his steps at all. he looked like the sun, giving his light to all yet you were just a passing cloud in his life. he's definitely going to forget you once he proves his point.

suddenly, he stopped, panting. "is something wrong?" you asked, panting.

"we are here." he pulls your wrist closer to him, so you could stand where he was standing, looking at the view, together.

the sky was the prettiest of the shades. light blue sky, soft, cotton candy clouds with gold linings. everything was so ethereal and then there was him. the delicacy of the moment made you feel a weird sensation in your stomach. like something twirling up as you felt like you were out of oxygen.

you took a step back, removing his hands from your wrist with a concerned face, one more moment and you'll cry.

he looked at you, with a genuine smile on his face that didn't last long when he saw your concerned face.

"what's wrong?" the word c-o-n-c-e-r-n was all over his face.

"i-i suddenly remembered... something."

"i need to go home." you shook your head and turned around.

"wait, I'll come with you!" he offered but you declined, telling him that it was an emergency and you needed to go right away.

then he saw you literally running away as you disappeared into the roads that led to your home.