Chapter 3: Close Call

Lily squeezed her eyes shut as she squeezed Victoire and Molly's hands. She didn't dare open them, or loosen her grip, until she knew they were on normal ground.

"Lily, you can open your eyes now." She heard Molly say. She did as she said, and she realized. "We're still in James's room!" She pointed out.

"Thank you, Captain Obvious!" Hugo was quickly quieted with a kick in the foot from Rose.

"That means..."

"James, hurry up!" Came Lily's voice. Everyone looked at her, but she was just as confused as they were.

"I just need to grab my jacket Lils, give me a sec!" This time it was James's voice, but closer. In an instant, everyone understood what was happening. Alice, James, Freddie and Al shoved themselves into the closet, throwing past James's jacket onto the bed. Al threw the invisibility cloak to Teddy, who pulled over Lily, Hugo and Victoire into the corner and threw the cloak over them. Louis panicked and dove under the bed, followed by Lucy and Roxy. Molly put the beanbag on top of herself, making it look as if nothing had touched it.

Lily could see Dom look around the room, trying to see if there was another place she could fit. Lifting up and edge of the invisibility cloak, Lily grabbed Dom's shirt and pulled her under it. The five of them crouched in the corner to hide their legs, trying to keep their entire bodies covered. Rose, with no other option, fitted herself into the closet.

No one dared to breathe as past James entered the room. He quickly grabbed his jacket off the floor and was about to leave, when he turned in his doorway, scanning his room as if he heard something.

With a shrug he left. Lily could hear his footsteps down the stairs. "Finally!" Her past-self said. "Oh calm it, I took like 30 seconds!"

The front door shut, and everyone let out a sigh of relief. Molly shrugged the beanbag off herself as Lucy, Louis, and Roxy crawled from under the bed. Dom threw the cloak off them, untangling themselves. The people in the closet fumbled out, obviously having been crammed in there.

"I am very proud of us for figuring that out!" Teddy said. "Especially in that short amount of time, that was-"

"Alright enough with the pep talk Teds." Dominique interrupted. "We know we're not at the Battle of Hogwarts Era, considering James and Lily both exist."

"We're a few days before you guys left for Hogwarts!" Lily said, remembering. "I wanted to go get ice cream at the local muggle shop, so we took a walk."

"So, what do we do?" Louis asked. "The entire point of using the time turner was to bring back Uncle Fred, Teddy's parents, and Uncle Harry's parents, am I correct?" After a few people nodded, he continued. "Well, considering we can't do any of that here, where do we go while we wait for the time turner to send us back?"

"Well, we know no one's home. And we were gone for a little while, cause we went to the playground afterwards. We could stay in the backyard?"

"That sounds like a great idea Al!" Teddy was back to his older brother self. "Everyone, out into the backyard!"

All of them filed into the backyard. The invisibility cloak was kept out just in case, and everyone was on edge. What if the past Potter's got back earlier than they thought?

                                                                                           ~*~

"Guys, a minute until we go back!" Teddy said, checking his watch. Everyone rushed over, holding each other's hands just in case. They had no clue what was going to happen.

Lily closed her eyes once more, leaning against Vic. She was scared to say the least, and needed to know someone was next to her.

"5..." Teddy started counting down.

"4..."

"3..."

"2..."

Lily felt her surroundings shift. It was over in an instant though, and she opened her eyes. Everyone was there, though it was her brother's expression that made her turn around.

Her Mum and Dad came rushing out of the house. Their expressions were a mixture of relief and anger, and Lily felt herself be pulled into a hug.

"Oh thank Merlin you kids are alright!" Her Mum exclaimed, pulling everyone else into hugs. "Now who in the hell thought freaking time traveling would be a good idea?!" She yelled, her expression now definitely angry.

Everyone looked at James, who's eyes went wide. He grabbed the invisibility cloak from Al and threw it over his head.

"James, dude, we can see your feet." Fred said.

James cursed under his breath, pulling the cloak off of him.

"All of you, living room. We're gonna tell your parents, who are currently out searching for you." Harry said, walking up to James. "Time-Turner and Cloak." He held out his hand, and reluctantly put the cloak and time turner in his hand.

Lily didn't let go of her Mother's hand the entire time. She felt like crying, she didn't expect it to go this poorly.  

~*~

~*~

~*~

Okay this is a very poorly done chapter but i needed story development!