Chapter 5: The Burrow and Fights

The next day, Lily was woken up in the early hours of the morning. Everyone had gone back home late last night, after the adults decided as a whole that the cousins weren't going to be punished for the incident, considering their intentions. Parents were going to decide if their children were going to face any sort of punishment, and Lily knew that James was banned from the Annual Weasley Quidditch Match that was to happen today. Lily didn't get in trouble, and she was told it was because she told the truth, and really didn't do anything major.

The morning sun shone through the window as her mother pinned the curtains to the side, welcoming the morning light. "Time to get up love, we're meant to be at the Burrow by 6."

Lily rubbed the sleep out of her eyes as she untangled herself from her comforter, making her bed afterwards.

"You have your bag packed right?" Her mother asked. Every Christmas Holiday, the Weasley family stayed at the Burrow for every day except the first, where they ate dinner at one of the other homes. This year happened to be the Potters turn to host the dinner.

"Yeah, it's next to my dresser. Enough outfits, hairbrush, toothbrush and toothpaste, pajamas, and 2 muggle books, just in case." She smiled triumphantly, it was the first time she packed without her mother's help.

"Wow, I'm impressed Lily!" Her mother kissed the top of her head and started out the door. "And glad, cause I'm pretty sure your brothers aren't even close to packed yet." She left the room, and Lily saw her head towards Al's room. She shut her own door, and quickly went into her closet to see what she should wear for the day.

Eventually she decided on a light pink and white striped jumper, with black leggings and boots. Brushing out her hair, she quickly put it in two braids. Her Aunt Fleur normally redid her hair with some magic before they took pictures, so it didn't matter how good they looked.

Grabbing her bag with her things in it, she checked the clock in her room. 5:30. She went into the bathroom to brush her teeth, when she heard a banging on the door.

"Come on Lil, hurry up!" Came James's muffled voice.

"Give me a minute I'm brushing my teeth! Use the other bathroom!"

"Dad's in the other bathroom, just open the door and brush your teeth out here for Merlin's sake!"

"You can wait 2 minutes!" Lily said as she spit out her toothpaste, but didn't open the door.

"Lily-Luna open the goddamn door!"

"James Sirius, watch your language!" She heard her mother shout. "Lily, are you almost done in there?" Her voice was closer this time.

"Mhm!" She opened the door, and smirked as James ran into the bathroom and slammed the door shut. She laughed, getting a stern look from her mother.

"You're just like your uncles." She smiled slightly, before heading to check on Albus, who was still in his room. Lily went back to her own room, grabbing her bag and placing it on the landing by the door. She grabbed one of her muggle books, which she had grown a liking for, and sat on the stairs reading.

~*~

In 15 minutes the Potter's were packed into the car, on the short trip to the Burrow. Lily looked out the window, watching the hills of the England country fly by. She was super excited, Christmas was her favourite time of the year. Seeing all her family, decorating, the quidditch matches, being at the Burrow while it snows, everything about it.

After the short drive, the car pulled into the driveway of the Burrow and Lily hopped out of the car. Seeing the only other car was Uncle George's and Aunt Angelina's, she ran towards the house.