Chapter 6: The Weasley's Annual Quidditch Match

After breakfast, all of the kids headed outside, some in their Quidditch jumpers as well. James had tried to sneak into the group of Quidditch players, only to be brought to the side by Aunt Hermione. The more 'Quidditchy' aunts and uncles were to referee the match, Aunt Angelina, Uncle George, Uncle Ron, and Lily's Mother and Father stood on the outskirts of the field. All of the other aunts and uncles sat in a bunch of chairs off to the side with James, bundled in coats. The Longbottoms had arrived in the middle of breakfast, so Alice had joined the group of cousins as well.

"Alright! Dominique and Roxanne are captains, please separate and pick teams." Lily's Dad said. Both the girls stepped aside from the group. "Dominique, you pick first and Roxanne gets the next two choices."

"Alright, I chose Lucy as my chaser." Dominique said. Despite her being so involved in her studies, Lucy was super good at Quidditch. Lily could tell Dom didn't want Lucy on her team, but she wanted to win.

Roxanne looked around for a moment, her eyes landing on Lily. "I'll take Lily as a chaser and Louis and my keeper." Lily smiled. She had never been chosen earlier before, much less second. She wasn't necessarily the best on a broom, considering she's never had lessons, but she could still throw a Quaffle pretty far. She held her Dad's old Firebolt close to her and she and Louis joined Roxanne.

After a little while, and some arguing of Lucy and Molly not wanting to be on the same team, and the teams were chosen. Team 'Chudley Cannons' was Dominique and Freddie as beaters; Alice, Teddy, and Lucy as chasers; Rose as keeper and Al as seeker. Team 'Holyhead Harpies' included Roxanne and Victoire as beaters; Molly and Lily as chasers; Louis as the keeper; and Hugo as the Seeker. They were short one person because of James, but Roxanne was confident enough in her team that they could win even short a chaser.

"Alright! Captains, please shake hands." The teams separated, and Roxanne and Dominique shook hands.

"Mount your brooms." Lily's mother said, letting the Snitch and Bludger's out. "Ready? GO!" Throwing the Quaffle into the air, she backed up as the 13 children went flying into the air.

Lily swerved off to the side, trying to control her broom while Molly flew straight towards the quaffle. She swerved in and out of the other team, and threw it straight through the goal. Lily celebrated from afar, having finally gotten control of her broom.

Rose threw the Quaffle towards Lucy, who was wide open. Lily, leaning forward as far as possible on her broom, shot forward. Lucy was completely oblivious to the redhead shooting towards her, and Lily was able to fly in front of her, grabbing the quaffle. Lucy stopped short in order not to collide with Lily, almost throwing her off her broom.

Lily smiled, holding the quaffle close to her as she zoomed across the pitch. Roxanne flew next to her, blocking any bludgers coming her way. She made it to the goal posts, throwing it in past Rose and scoring. "That's my girl!" She heard her Dad shout. She looked down below and waved at him, smiling wide.

"Harry, dear, you're a referee. You're not meant to take sides." Lily laughed at her mother's statement, flying up in search of the Quaffle again. Instead, she spotted Al and Hugo shooting upwards, their arms outstretched.

"Come on Hugo!" Lily shouted. It seemed as if everyone had noticed the boys, because the game seemed to have paused. Lily moved her broom up a little, to see if she could get a better view.

Hugo and Al were flying straight up now, Hugo holding onto his broom for dear life. Al stretched out his arm even farther, over taking Hugo. Lily could see a tiny gold dot right in front of him, and he moved to grab it.

He missed by an inch as his legs began to slip off the broom. He was horizontal to the ground, and gravity seemed to be taking the best of him. Al held on to the corner of his broom for dear life, and Alice and Teddy flew beneath him, to catch him if needed. Lily watched from afar, a hand over her mouth.

In one moment, Al tried to remount his broom only for it to slip out of his grip, and he fell through the air. Alice and Teddy went to go grab his arms, but they missed and Al went spiraling to the ground.

Lily screamed as she watched her brother fall. She started to fly to the ground, and saw her Dad raise his wand, and Al began to slow. Still falling at an alarming rate, he hit the ground, and didn't move.

Some screamed, others went rushing or flying towards him. Lily's Mother made it first however, and she knelt down next to him. She flew down, shivering in the suddenly cold weather. "Is he alright?" She asked worriedly.

"Yes, he should be fine, nothing to worry about." Her father said, picking Al up.

"Come on in, all of you, and bring Albus onto the couch." Grandma said, hurrying into the house.

"I caught the snitch! I caught-" Hugo just landed, the snitch clutched in his hand. He noticed Al, and a look of concern took over his face. "Is Al alright?"

"He'll be fine." They all entered the house, and Al was laid down on the couch.

"Hermione dear, can you go make some tea?" Lily's Grandma said, waving her wand over Al's head. "All of the children must be freezing, only in their Quidditch jumpers."

"Of course. Rose, Lily, come help me." Aunt Hermione put an arm around Lily and Rose, ushering them into the kitchen. Lily could tell it was an excuse to get her away from Al, to stop her worrying.

"Will Al really be alright?" She asked, filling a pot with water.

"Trust me dear, he'll be alright." Aunt Hermione smiled, taking the pot from her and placing it on the burner. "It was only a fall, he'll just have a little concussion."

"You've seen how badly James has fallen, Lil." Rose said, sitting on the counter. "That wasn't even half as bad."

Lily nodded, going to grab the tea bags. Rose saw that she was too short, and lifted her up slightly, letting her just be able to reach them. She placed them back on the counter as Aunt Hermione grabbed mugs. Pouring the steaming water into the mugs, Lily put tea bags in each of them while Rose brought them out.

When they were done, Lily grabbed a cup of her own, joining everyone in the living room including the two others.

"How about you kids go up to your rooms to drink your tea?" Her Grandmother suggested. "We don't want to crowd Albus when he wakes up."

Lily nodded, following the rest of the kids up the stairs, the girls heading into their bedroom. The cold draft got larger as they sat down, and Lily wrapped one of the blankets around herself. Looking out the window, she could see clouds coming in, probably rain with it.

She didn't know why, but Lily had a bad feeling about the day. Sudden coldness, Al falling off his broom, the fight from before? She tried to shake the feeling away, focusing on the fact that it was meant to be the happiest time of the year.

~*~

Meanwhile, far away from the Burrow and hidden by hills, someone was standing in a black cloak. Their face hidden by the hood, they waved their wand in the air, and the clouds were forming right above their head.

Rummaging around their pocket, they pulled out a chain. A long, gold chain to be exact.

A time-turner.

"Potter. I'm about to make your life a living hell."