Chapter 10: Time Travelling Again

"Quickly James, grab a piece of parchment." Al whispered to his brother, his eyes still scanning the letter.

"Where the hell do you think I'm gonna find a piece of parchment, it is four in the goddamn morning!" James whisper-shouted, causing a stir from Louis.

"Then grab me a quill!"

"Once again, 4 in the morning-"

"Fine! Then you solve the riddle without writing it down then!" Al shoved the parchment at James, who took it from him.

"T-I-R-E-S-S." He read off the capitalized letters in order. "Tires? Is he wanting to buy a car or something?"

"No, you git! It's probably scrambled." Al whispered. "What word has those letters in it?"

"I don't know, you're the smart one!" James shoved the letter back at him, laying back down. "I'm going back to bed, tell me when you figure it out."

Al rolled his eyes, staring at the parchment again. He took his wand, and waved it at the parchment, the letters floating to the bottom of the page. Al moved the letters into different combinations, trying to figure out what Scorpius could have meant.

The first word was resist. He had no idea why Scorp would send him that, so he scrambled the letters again.

15 minutes, a whole lot of confusion and anger, and some questionable combinations later, when he found an actual word.

"James!" He shook his brother awake.

"What the hell Al, again?" James groaned. "What now?"

"I figured it out." Al whispered, glancing at a still fast asleep Louis.

"What is it?"

"Sister."

~*~

The first thought that ran through Lily's head was 'Not again'. Her next thought was "Why?"

"Because we can't just keep you in here." Theodore said, Malfoy having left the room. "We need you out of the manor in case someone comes looking. And we know from Ministry records that you children have in fact traveled through time before, so you have experience."

All of the girls froze. They didn't know the ministry was able to see time-travelling records, which could get them into deep trouble. Lily looked over at the rest of her cousins, and saw Victoire slowly hide her wand in the pocket of her pants. Rose's face was pale, and so was Lucy's. Molly looked furious and Lily could tell she was gonna do something all of them would regret.

"This is ridiculous!" Molly shouted. "First off, you apparated with minors, which is illegal. Second, you're sending us back in time, which is also illegal. Do you realize how much legal trouble you're gonna get in?"

"What you don't understand Weasley, is we have money." Roldolphus said, heading up to Molly. "Money gets you out of everything." He ran his index finger across Molly's jawline, and Molly froze a look of absolute disgust in her eyes.

"You're going to pay for this." Lily whispered, some strength coming back to her. "They'll find us, and you won't win."

"I wouldn't be so sure of that Potter." Theodore teased, pulling out the time turner. "Now, all of you. Back into a circle." No one moved.

Theodore pulled out his wand, and everyone reluctantly held hands in a circle. He draped the time turner around Victoire's neck. "How far are we going back?" She asked quietly.

"Oh, you'll figure it out." A creepy smile crept on his face once more, and he spun the hourglass on the time-turner. Backing away, he stared at Lily straight in the face as the world around her began to spin.

She closed her eyes, leaning in Dom in order to keep herself steady. Once she felt on solid ground again, she opened her eyes, taking in her surroundings. They were still in Malfoy Manor, but the men were no longer there.

The girls immediately ran over to the corner, hiding behind a staircase. "We need to figure out what time we're in." Lucy whispered, in case someone came.

"Look, that's Malfoy!" Lily pointed at a younger version of the man who they had just seen. Lucius was pacing the room, Draco Malfoy standing to the side and looking uncomfortable. Suddenly the front door burst open, and five people entered.

"Well? Show them to me!" A shrill voice from Lily's left startled her. A woman with a curly black hair, dressed in a long dark dress came rushing in.

"That's Bellatrix Lestrange." Dominique whispered in awe. "We learned about her in History of Magic."

Bellatrix looked ecstatic, and hurried forward to the five new people. When Lily got a good look at them, she gasped.

The first two people were unmistakably Uncle Ron and Aunt Hermione, being choked by the death eater holding them back. Lily heard rustling behind her, and saw Dominique and Molly holding Rose down. "Rosie you gotta remember this is in the past- they're gonna hear us." She stopped fighting, breathing heavily as she stared intensely at the scene.

The third person, however, was harder to make out. His eye looked swollen, as well as his cheek. His face was almost indistinguishable, but Lily could tell that he was her Dad.

"Well who do we have here?" Bellatrix laughed maniacally, taking Harry from the other death eater. She put him in a choke hold and stuck his wand to his cheek. Lily felt someone grab her wrist, but she kept her eyes trained on the manic woman.

"Draco, come have a look. Is this who I think it is?" Draco shuffled forward, his face stone. Lily watched as he shook his head. "It's too hard to tell."

Lucius stormed up to Draco and put his hand on his neck, and spoke to him too quietly for Lily to hear. The death eater who was holding young Hermione and Ron spoke something as well, which seemed to tick Lucius off.

"Dare speak to me like that in MY OWN HOUSE-" He was quieted by another woman, who seemed to have enough power over him for him to stop.

"Seems like a charm to change his face." Bellatrix teased, inching forward toward Hermione. "Did you cast it, girl? Let's see her wand then, figure out her last spell." She cackled again, playing with a strand of her hair as her eyes searched the death eaters pockets for her wand.

Suddenly, Bellatrix's eyes went wide. Lily followed her gaze to the man's side, where there was a sword resting against his leg. "Where'd you get that from?"

"It was in her bag when he searched her. Reckon it's mine-" Bellatrix flicked her wand at the two death eaters. Snakes shot out of her wand, coiling around the men's neck. Ron and Hermione jumped out of the way as the men began writhing on the floor, trying to pull the snakes off.

"GO!" Bellatrix shouted at them, and the two men ran out. She grabbed Ron by the collar and threw him towards another death eater. "Put the boys in the cellar! I want to have a talk with this one... girl, to girl!" She advanced on a fear stricken Hermione as Ron and Harry were shoved down the cellar steps.