The Escape

Reader

Thankfully it hadn't been Kylo at the door but unfortunately it looks like your idiot friends were in trouble. Again. Poe and Finn had been apprehended, doing gods know what, on the ship by a group of troopers. They were being held and taken to General Pryde.

So here you were rushing alongside Hux to get down there and save them. Hux had told you to stay behind in his quarters but you refused, they were your friends. Stupid or not. You had agreed to lurk out of Pryde's sight until Hux had the situation under control. I can totally compromise. The thought made you smile sarcastically to yourself as you followed the tall redhead down the halls.

Soon you'd arrived at the end of a hallway. Peering around the corner you could see General Pryde looming over Finn, Poe and Chewie. Your body started to move on its own walking a few steps out into the hall, luckily Pryde's back was facing you. Hux grabbed your arm his fingers digging into your flesh and yanked you backwards forcefully pressing you into the wall. "Are you insane?"

"Sorry sometimes I get ahead of myself." You shrugged feeling a little guilty, you had literally just agreed not to do anything rash and here you were walking head first into peril with no plan. Obviously stupid was contagious when it came to you and your friends.

"Please just stay here until the coast is clear." He pleaded letting go of your shoulders. As he walked away he gave you a warning look before shifting his shoulders back and striding down the hall to meet the grumpy looking General and your friends.

You couldn't quite hear everything that was said but you were certain you'd heard the words "Terminate them." You wanted to sprint down the hall and start swinging but you trusted Hux.

General Pryde was coming this way so you quickly dove into an alcove to hide from him. But hiding didn't stop you from glaring at him as he passed by. All you could think about was how easy it would be to trip him, but again you showed restraint. Making a mental note to pat yourself on the back for said self control.

By the time you'd rounded the corner to where Hux was standing it seems he had taken out three troopers by himself with a blaster. Your friends were staring at him mouths open in shock as you approached. You couldn't help but beam with pride at the sight of your gorgeous redhead looming over the enemy triumphantly. Also, super hot.

It was easy for you to forget sometimes that Hux started out as a soldier, clawing his way up the ranks on talent and grit. He very seldom used his skills as General because it was more of a managerial position. So seeing him in action like this was definitely a welcome treat.

"It's me. I'm the spy." Hux said sounding more than a little frazzled as he lowered the blaster in his hands glancing back at the trooper lying on the floor.

You imagined there was a lot of conflict going on in that head of his right now. It couldn't be easy for him to harm his own men, he had trained most of the troopers on this ship after all, he knew them. Despite trying to be as detached as possible you were certain it was easier for others like Ren, more than it was for Hux. There was a lot of humanity left in him that the First Order hadn't managed to carve out of him yet.

"What?" Poe yelled looking absolutely blown away. "You?" Finn echoed equally as shocked by this revelation. Chewie, well he was the same as always you were pretty sure nothing surprised that Wookie.

"We don't have much time." Hux said as you sidled up next to him placing a gentle hand between his shoulders to ease the tension building there. He relaxed instantly at your touch turning his head slightly to acknowledge you. There was a small smile forming on his mouth as he looked into your eyes fondly. You smiled back at him reassuringly as you softly ran your fingers from the back of his neck down his spine in a soothing motion.