The Kiss

Clary ran into the library shouting about how sorry she was that she was late. "I was beginning to think you weren't gonna show, nevermind, so what held you up?" Izzy asked, clearly not mad. "oh well I was unpacking and then i ran into Ja-" Clary started but was cut of by Isabelle, " Jace huh? should've realised that was what kept you busy." she smirked. Clary's eyes widened and she stuttered, "i- no we were just talking" once again Izzy smirked, "your blushing." she started to protest but the library door opened and a tall boy with black hair walked in. He was very obviously Alec Lightwood. "Iz mums says dinners ready," he said and then noticed Clary, "oh, hi, Alec, nice to meet you." she smiled and tried to respond but Isabelle spoke first, "wait, what! I was making dinner tonight!" Alec laughed, which was surprising because he looked so serious before and then he said, " Well then i'm glad mum cooked. no offence Iz but your foods awful." she scoffed but followed Alec out the room, grabbing Clary's wrist and dragging her along.

They all sat down at the table and Clary realised everyone was there, but Jace. She didn't say anything, worried she would get another smirk from Isabelle but then Maryse, the Lightwoods mum asked for her, "Jace isn't here? Can one of you go get him for me please? he really should eat." before anyone else could say anything Izzy jumped up, "Clary will do it!" she winked at her and dragged her up out of her chair. she looked to Alec for help but he just pulled away from his boyfriend, Magnus and whispered to her, "music room, second floor, third door on the left." and then turned back to his conversation.

Despite Alec's directions it took Clary a while to find the music room, but when she did she heard the beautiful noise of a piano. she stood in the doorway watching him. watching his golden eyes as they looked thoughtfully at the keys. When the song ended she spoke " I didn't realise I was in the presence of a virtuoso." Jace looked up, startled but quickly recovered himself and smiled. It was a dazzling kind of smile that left her feeling weak. He stood up and walked over to her, "Clary, hi, what's up?" He smiled as he spoke, looking genuinely happy. Clary wondered why. "oh, erm, Ma-Maryse made food." she was mumbling her words, distracted by how close he was stood and how good he looked. She had always liked him, but it was sort of like a celebrity crush and now she knew him, her feelings had magnified. "i'm not hungry." he said, smirking at her, he stepped closer. He was stood so close that his breathe stirred her hair. She couldn't reply, too intoxicated by him. She eventually opened her mouth to speak but was cut of by his lips hitting hers, hard. She twisted he arms around his neck but they lay there only a second before he pulled away and stormed out the door, leaving her breathless.