Valentine's Daughter Part 1

The room was silent apart from the loud noise of the phone dialling. suddenly a voice came through the phone, "Clarissa?" It was him. Clary looked up and her eyes met Jace's, his golden eyes locked on hers as he nodded, encouraging her that it was all going to be okay. Her throat felt dry as she spoke, "father. I've reconsidered your offer, I want to join you." It was quiet for a moment, until her father replied, " First you want to kill me, now you want to join me, seems a bit odd doesn't it?" She froze, scared that the plan was already failing, but suddenly she felt Jace take hold of her hand, silently reassuring her. " I do not agree with your plans to destroy all demon-blooded creatures, but, I'd do anything to be with my mum." She said, sounding more confident than she felt. "Very well then, meet me in central park tonight at 8pm. Alone.

It was 7:30pm. Everyone was geared up and ready to leave. "Well, should we get going?" Isabelle said, her confidence from early was gone. "you guys go ahead, I want to talk to Clary before we go." Izzy smiled and walked out the room, dragging Alec with her. "So. You wanted to talk?" Clary asked, confused as to where this was going. Suddenly, he stormed across the room and kissed her, exactly like he had done the week before. Her arms went up to his neck and this time he didn't pull away, instead his arms went around her waste pulling her closer. After what seemed like hours he pulled away and began to speak, still a little breathless, "I just wanted to tell you that this is going to be dangerous, and we may not all make it out alive," she nodded, "Well I know I've been giving you mixed signals, but I just wanted you to know in case we don't make it back, that I care about you Clary." Not being able to find the words she just kissed him again, a small soft kiss that was over all to quickly, "I care about you too." she whispered. 

8.05pm. Clary sat on a bench in Central Park, alone. She had her ring on and could've talked to Jace if she wanted to but she decided it was only for emergencies. "Clarissa, you came." He was a tall man, with no hair and a huge red circle rune at the base of his neck. "Of course I came, it's only ever been me, my mum and Luke. I have no loyalty to anyone in New York, I met them only a week ago. If being with my mum means being with you, it's a sacrifice i'm willing to make." Valentine laughed, "You will learn to love me soon enough Clarissa, but how can I trust you?" She knew this was coming, she knew she would have to gain his trust before he would take her anywhere. "Well i'm here aren't I? Alone. You can check my phone, I haven't called anyone. And you already know I didn't tell the Clave your alive." He seemed to think about what she said before he replied, " Very well then, let's go." She let out a breath she had not realised he was holding. "Jace? He believed me, we,re leaving central park" she thought to Jace. Suddenly, she heard his voice in her mind, it was an odd feeling, "I see you, we're following , don't worry, I'm right here."