Chapter 2

The train ride was phenomenal.

"I can't believe you went to California, y/n!" Octavia said to me while stuffing her face with more Pumpkin Pasties. 

"I know, it was amazing! But, I mean you went to Australia and you know I've always wanted to go," I said while giggling. 

Ashton looked a little... dazed. 

"Hey, you ok, Ash?" I asked, with a worried face. 

He quickly snapped out of his trance and gave Octavia and me a weak smile. 

"Oh, yeah I'm fine. I'm just so jealous that you guys went away for the summer while I was stuck working for my dad!" He said while throwing a Bertie Botts Every Flavour Bean at me. 

Ashton didn't talk a lot about his family. They've had a history with the Dark Lord, and now that there are rumours about his return, he doesn't speak about them. 

As we continued telling stories about our summers to each other, we suddenly heard shouting outside of our compartment door. After listening intently to who it could be, it suddenly became obvious.

Draco Malfoy.

I could hear him yelling, probably a first-year who happened to get in his way.

God, he was so annoying. 

Why did he have to be such a bully? 

I'm only acquaintances with Draco because of Ashton. He and Draco have been really close while we've all attended Hogwarts, which pretty much forces me to be around him. He's usually easy to put up with, but this year, things seemed like they were going to get worse. 

All of a sudden, he and his minions stumbled by our compartment door. He glanced in and saw Ashton, and considered joining us until he made eye contact with me. He then quickly brushed himself off and walked away. 

'What the hell was that about?' I thought. He almost looked... disgusted when he saw me. 

I shrugged it off, determined not to let this ruin the train ride. 

We suddenly came to a halt and it was time to depart the train. We all grabbed our trunks from the back compartment and headed to the Slytherin common room. I had a room with Octavia and pug-face Pansy Parkinson. She was quite annoying and never failed to bring my mood down, but it could have been worse. 

A couple of hours later, we were heading back to the common rooms after having dinner in the great hall. The food was delicious. It had anything and everything you could imagine, just like every other year. By the end of the feast, I was so stuffed I could barely walk. 

As I was walking, I remembered tomorrow was the first day of classes and I wanted to start off strong. 

"Hey, Octavia? I think I'm going to head to the girl's washroom and take a shower to get ready for tomorrow, is that alright?" I asked, politely.

"Of course! I'll walk back with Blaise."

"Ok! Thanks a lot," I said, then hurried off to the washrooms. 

The girl's washroom was very clean and smelled of flowers. I took a long shower, not worrying about curfew. After all, I was in fifth year and knew how not to get caught walking around the halls after dark. 

After getting dressed in leggings and a hoodie, I quietly walked back to the common room. It was fairly late, so I didn't expect to see anyone when I entered. But of course, there he was, sitting in a leather chair, staring directly at me. 

I tried to ignore him and started towards my dorm but I then heard his voice from behind me. 

"Where have you been, Undergrove?" He asks, quite rudely. 

I turn around to answer him. The only light in the room was from the crackling fire and I could see him smirking at me.

"Why do you care, Malfoy?" I asked, coming back at him with a nasty tone. 

His smirk suddenly fell and he looked angry. He didn't like it when people talked back to him. 

"I don't fucking care, I'm just annoyed that you didn't get caught being out after curfew."

I rolled my eyes and walked up to my dorm. 

It was only the first day and Draco was already being ruder than normal. If he was going to continuously be like this, it was going to be a rough year.