Chapter 22

My eyes slowly fluttered open due to the light shining in through the window. I slowly sat up in my bed. When my eyes fully adjusted to the light, I was confused. I was surrounded by green bed sheets and it smelled strongly of cologne. 

That's when the memories of the day before came flooding back into my mind. All of the events that took place the night before. It was one of the best nights of my life. 

That's when I realized Draco wasn't beside me. I looked around his room, but he wasn't here. 

I started to gather my clothes and got dressed. 

I found my shoes and sat back down on the bed to put them on. 

Suddenly, the bathroom door opened and Draco walked out. I looked up from tying my shoe. My breath hitched. 

He was only wearing a towel tied loosely around his waist, his tousled hair dripping with water. I tried to avert my eyes away from him, but they were glued to his toned physique. 

I stared at him for only a few seconds... I thought. 

"Is there something I have to do to get you to start looking me in the eyes?" His voice rang throughout the room. I quickly looked up at his face, not realizing how long I'd been staring. He had a smirk splayed across his face and his eyes shone with the familiar sparkle they tended to radiate. 

"Wh-what, I-," I spluttered, feeling thoroughly embarrassed. 

He chuckled and walked over to me. He leaned down and placed a kiss on my forehead. 

"Dumbledore sent a letter to all of our dorms asking us to gather in the Great Hall. Apparently, he has an announcement for everyone," he explained, gathering his Slytherin robes. 

"But it's a Saturday," I said. 

"Yeah, exactly. I thought we only had to endure his boring speeches on the first day of school, but if this is going to become a regular thing, I'm dropping out," he said, seriously. 

I rolled my eyes and giggled. 

"Stop being so dramatic," I said, with a chuckle, "someone probably just got caught going into the Forbidden Forest or something and he's giving us all a warning."

Once I was fully dressed, I left Draco's room to head to my dorm to get my robes. As I was walking through the halls, there were whispers filling the halls. I couldn't quite make out what everyone was talking about, but I heard the word dance a few times. Maybe a new club someone created? 

I walked into my dorm and put on my robes. I applied a little bit of makeup and straightened my hair. 

I heard feet shuffling outside of the door, so I assumed everyone was heading to the Great Hall. 

Even though I really didn't want to sit through another one of Dumbledore's speeches, I was a little curious as to what he wanted to tell everyone. I opened my dorm room door and started towards the Great Hall. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thank you all for meeting me in the Great Hall this morning. I'm so sorry to interrupt whatever you may have been doing," Dumbledore started, once everyone had successfully taken a seat at their house tables. "I have an important announcement that I would like to share with you all. Throughout the years of Hogwarts, we usually host dances, like the one of Hallow's Eve for example-"

Everyone started to whisper and get excited, whereas I wasn't even sure what he was talking about. 

"We have great pleasure in saying, that this year, we will be hosting the Yule Ball!" Dumbledore exclaimed.