Chapter 6

For the next few days, I didn't talk to many people. I only spoke to Golden Trio and Octavia and Ashton. Sometimes, I was too embarrassed to go to the Great Hall, so Octavia would bring some food up to the common room for me. I skipped a few classes too. I  just wanted this rumour to be over. 

People continued to talk about me. 

Merlin, this was getting annoying.

It was dinner and I didn't bother to go down. (The rumour was still the 'hottest' news)

I decided to catch up on some homework while I had some time to myself. There's been extra homework now that I was a fifth year. 

I enjoyed being alone. It was nice to be by myself, away from others. 

I was reading through some spells for Charms class when someone entered the common room. I thought it was Octavia, maybe bringing me food. But I was very disappointed when I saw who it was. 

Malfoy.

Why was he always around me? 

He was an asshole, but now that I was looking, he was quite handsome. His grey eyes stared into mine.  His platinum blonde hair,  soft skin, tall figure. He was 6'2 and towered over me. He always wore a black suit which only he could pull off. 

I quickly gathered my things and started towards the stairs to my dorm. I wasn't in the mood to deal with him. 

When I almost reached the bottom of the stairs, I felt his cold hand grab my arm, his silver rings brushing against my skin. It sent shivers down my spine.

He pulled me around to look at him. I dropped my books by accident. He stared deeply into my eyes and it one swift motion, pushed me up against the nearby wall. 

Holy shit, what is he doing?

He put his hands on my waist and put his body close to mine. I was breathing heavily while he looked down at me. 

"Why didn't you go to any of your classes today?" He asked.

I looked at him furiously. He knew why. He was just trying to get me angry, and it was working. 

"Hm, I'm not sure... maybe because you started that awful rumour about me and I'm too embarrassed to be around anyone!" I replied, anger rising in me. 

He smirked. 

Merlin, I hate when he does that.

"Did u really think I would let you get away with slapping me, Undergrove?" He whispered, his breath grazing my ear. 

This feeling suddenly rushed through me. No one has ever been this close to me before. My heart fluttered.  What was this feeling?

I was angry about him starting this rumour, but right at this moment, I completely forgot about it. 

He brought his face closer to mine, only inches away. My breathing intensified. My heart was pounding. He must be able to hear it. My hands were shaking and he seemed to notice. 

He brought his lips close to my ear and whispered, "I make you nervous." 

He chuckled.

He was right. 

He made me very nervous. 

He brought his face even closer to mine, closing the open space between our bodies. I could feel his heart beating too. 

Suddenly, I heard the stone wall leading to the common room shift open and heard someone enter. 

I quickly pushed Malfoy away from me.

What just happened??