Chapter 5

Everyone stared at me. 

So many things were running through my mind.

What. The. Hell

Were people actually believing this?

Me? Sleeping with my professor? 

PROFESSOR SNAPE?! 

I couldn't stand being in there anymore and quickly ran from the Great Hall, tears pooling in my eyes; not from sadness, but from anger and frustration. 

I could hear footsteps hurrying after me, but didn't bother to look back. I didn't want to see anyone right now. 

I ran to a nearby hallway and sat down on the cold floor. I couldn't believe this. Out of all the rumours Malfoy could've started, he chose this one. This was so embarrassing. 

I then heard Hermione's voice calling out my name. 

"Y/n? Where are you?" She called out, sounding worried. I could hear her mumbling to other people, assuming it was Ron and Harry. 

I didn't bother to look up at her once they all sat down beside me. I did want to be alone, but if I had to be with people right now, I would want it to be them. 

"Is it true?" Harry asked, barely above a whisper. 

My head shot up at him. Did he actually believe this? Did all of them believe it? My best friends thinking I slept with my professor was worse than the rumour itself. 

He looked confused. They all did. 

"Do you guys really think I would sleep with Snape?" I asked, hurt showing in my eyes. I would never lie to them and they knew that. A few seconds after I asked, their faces relaxed. 

Hermione shook her head and gave Harry a glare. 

"Of course not, Harry's just an idiot," she replies, trying to lighten the mood. 

I laughed, wiping my tears with my sleeve. They all giggled as well, trying to release the newfound tension. 

Hermione gave me a hug while Ron rubbed my arm. Harry didn't do anything, just looked at me. Did he believe it? 

I looked at them with worried eyes.

"What the hell do I do? Everyone believes this stupid rumour," I said, rolling my eyes. 

"I'm not sure, y/n," Harry replies, refusing to make eye contact with me. 

"Just try to ignore everyone. You know the truth and it's just a dumb rumour. I bet there will be something else everyone's obsessing over by next week," Ron replied. 

He was right. There was a new topic roaming the halls almost every week and I was hoping this would blow over like every other rumour. But it would still be the hottest topic for the rest of the week and I was going to have to deal with the insults and glares in the halls. 

We sat in comfortable silence for a little while,  attempting to figure out how I was going to deal with this.

                                                                                    * * * * *