Chapter 12

We both quickly turned our heads when we heard footsteps, crunching in the fall leaves. 

We both watched as Draco quickly walked away from behind the tree. He looked back at us for a moment, hurt coating his sparkling eyes. 

Shit. 

He must've heard Cedric say those things to me. 

I didn't even want to kiss Cedric, we were just friends. At least I thought we were just friends. 

I quickly stood up and looked at Cedric. He was smirking. 

"Uhm... what are you doing? Were you about to kiss me?" I asked, refusing to make eye contact. 

"Yeah, I was," he replied, still smirking. 

What was going on? He was so nervous to tell me that he likes Luna only just a few minutes before now, but as he said he was about to kiss me, he looked more relaxed than ever. 

"Wh-why would you do that? I thought we were only friends?" I asked, cheeks turning red. I've never kissed anyone before and wished I had moved away from Cedric faster. I knew I was ready to have my first kiss, but I also knew I didn't want it to be with him. 

"We are only friends," he replied. 

"Wh-what do you mean? Then why were you about to kiss me if you don't like me like that?" I asked, starting to get angry. He knew that I hadn't kissed anyone, and how I wanted it to be special, and he came close to ruining that.

I could feel the heat rising to my face. He needed to tell me what was going on. 

"I saw Malfoy coming over here, so I wanted to make it look like we were... together," he said, staring directly at me. 

"Why the hell would you do that!?" I practically screamed at him. 

Draco already didn't like me hanging out with people from the other houses, but respected my choices. Now that he thinks I'm with Cedric, things were going to be harder. 

"I've noticed you two have been hanging around each other a lot lately, and I don't like it. He's bad news y/n, he'll break your heart," he said, slowly. 

Now I was really angry. 

"That's not your fucking decision, Cedric! I can handle things myself and I definitely don't need you to tell me what to do. It's my decision, not yours! I don't care if you don't like Draco because I haven't liked some of your previous 'crushes,' but I've supported them because that's what friends do!" I screamed, tears streaming down my face, not from sadness but from anger. 

Several people were looking over at us now, but I didn't care. I was utterly furious. 

Cedric's face suddenly washed over with guilt and worry. He knew I never cried in front of people unless I'm very bothered. He rushed over to me, about to pull me into a hug when I pushed him away. 

"Y/n, I'm so sorry, I didn't realize how much you cared for him," he said, profusely. 

"Well, if we were really friends, you would have."

I quickly picked up my bags and rushed away from him. I eventually started sprinting to the castle, determined to find Draco, and explain everything to him. I knew he would be angry but maybe if I got him to listen, he'd understand. 

I quickly ran into the castle, frantically searching for him. 

I first went to the Great Hall because it was around dinner time. I quickly scanned the Slytherin table for his beautifully bleached hair that I already missed, but unfortunately couldn't find him. 

I then went to the library.

He wasn't there. 

I searched the empty classrooms. 

Nope, not there either.

I ran up to the Slytherin common room and quickly uttered the password. 

The stone wall slowly started to shift. I never realized how long it took until I found myself tapping my foot loudly, waiting for it to open. 

When it finally opened, I ran in and quickly looked around. I was hoping to see Draco, considering everyone else was at dinner but was disappointed when there was no sign of him. 

The last place I had to look was in his dorm, which I'd never been in before. But I didn't think of that before rushing up the stairs and barging into his dorm. 

And there he was. 

Kissing Pansy Parkinson.