Chapter Two- Tiny humans & Midnight Express

~~Luka's point of view~~

It's been three weeks since I moved here. It's been fantastic. I have been busier than I have ever been. That is not a complaint. It's an appreciation; I applied for a business license. I got approved a week ago. The chick at the city hall flirted, but I am not even trying to start anything with anyone. She shared an office with someone, but they were out for lunch. I almost bet she wouldn't have flirted if that person were there.

My tiny human fan club has continued to watch me daily. After the first few days, he got a kids camp chair and set it at the end of his driveway. I picked up on his routine. He comes out at nine, goes back in at noon, comes back out at one, and goes back in at four forty-five. I still find trucks and motorcycles on my porch whenever I leave. I line them up on my toolbox in case he ever wants them back.

As long as he has been watching, I have never seen a parent. I am not concerned because the kid is obviously well taken care of. He seems healthy and happy. If he comes out, I am going to try to talk to him. I don't know if he will talk to me. I won't approach him; I will stand at my driveway and talk to him from there. They aren't far apart.

I get busy working on my first car of the day. Two hours later, I am done. The client comes to get their car, and I get a drink and something to eat. From my kitchen window, I can see my tiny human fan club. I eat quickly. My next client will be here in ten minutes, and I want to talk to the tiny human.

I make my way out. I see his eyes on me as soon as I step out of my door. He watches my every move as he does every day. It would creep me out, but this is a kid and not an adult. I don't walk fast; I don't want to scare him. I stop at the end of my driveway.

Luka: "Hello."

Phoenix: "Hi."

Luka: "My name is Luka. What's yours?"

Phoenix: "Phoenix."

Luka: "How old are you?"

Phoenix: "Four."

Luka: "Do you like watching me?"

Phoenix: "Yes, sir."

Luka: "Does you Mom or Dad know that you watch me?"

Phoenix: "My Sissy does. She watches me. She told me not to leave the driveway. I listen. I stay here."

My client pulls in. Damn. I wanted to find out more. He said Sissy, so I assume a big sister.

Luka: "Have a good day Phoenix."

Phoenix: "You too, Mr. Luka."

I go to work on my client's car. They came in one after the other. I didn't get the chance to talk to him after that. By the time I was done, he was gone. It was the first time I noticed a car in the driveway.

I go in and shower. I can't get the kid out of my head; he is adorable. He is also very well mannered. I have never been curious about a kid ever. This tiny human has watched me five days a week for three weeks. That makes me wonder where he goes on the weekends.

When I get out of the shower, I have a missed call from Jimmy. I should ask him about the kid, but I don't want to involve him right now. I am still new to this town. I don't want rumors spread. Not that Jimmy would spread them, but he would tell Elizabeth, and she would unintentionally. I call him back.