Chapter Fifteen-Oh Baby!

~Three months later~~

~~Luka's point of view~~

The last three months have been amazing. Pepper and I are stronger than we have ever been. She now talks to me about things that are bothering her. She doesn't hold it in. She now asks questions. I'm thankful for that. I love her more than anything. I never want to go through anything bad again.

I know there will be bad times, but I know we can work through them now. We came out of the separation stronger than we did before we got to that point. I sometimes think maybe Sebastian was right, and we did move too fast. That's why we ended where we were then. Whatever it was, I am glad we're past it.

Living there hasn't been bad. I get lost because this house is enormous. Fawn and Pepper stay busy with the babies. They came home a month after they were born. At three months old, they are still tiny. They are identical, but we can tell them apart by their birthmarks; Mitchell's is on his pinky finger, Owen's is on the bottom of his left foot, and Jasper's is on his lower back.

They are good babies, and Fawn and Sebastian are fantastic parents. Pepper helps while Sebastian and I are at work. The moment Sebastian walks in the door, he is in Dad mode. He is the kind of Dad people aspires to be. I'd be jealous, but I know I am a good Dad. Phoenix is my number one priority.

I taught him and Paxtyn to ride a bike. I had a slow day at work. Tim watched them while I went to the store. I saw two bikes and got them while I was there. I went back later and got Phoenix a second one. He has one here at the shop and at home.

Pepper has let Tim in more. She has grown close to Paxtyn and helps him with her when she needs a woman's touch. Paxtyn stays with us sometimes. She has her own room at Sebastian's. I think Pepper keeps her to give Tim a break. His divorce was final two weeks ago. He got the child support he asked for. More than he asked for. He opened a savings account in Paxtyn's name and put every bit of it in that account for her.

Annalise got married to the guy she cheated on Tim with two days after it was their divorce was final. He is older and has a ton of money. We both know she married him for money. She is a gold digger. When she gets tired of him, she will move on to someone new. That is who she is now.

I sold my parents' house. The relator was right; I got the asking price for it. I don't need the money, so it's just sitting in my checking account. Sebastian won't let us pay anything. He said Pepper helping with the babies was enough. We argued it, but ultimately he won. Let's face it, he's bigger than me and always will be. I will never be his size.

Pepper rented her house out. She put me in charge of it. She said she is too soft and would cave on stuff. We had several people interested in it; I chose a military family; the dad works at the guard Armory in Manchester. The mom is a teacher; they have three kids; they are good people. Pepper puts it in the account she has for Phoenix.

My phone beeps.

~~Text conversation~~

Pepper: "We need to talk when you get home."

Luka: "Everything ok?"

Pepper: "Yeah."

Luka: "I love you."

Pepper: "I love you, too."

~~End conversation~~

I hate those conversations. They are never good even when she says everything is ok; if it's bad, this will be the first time since the separation. I don't know what the issue would be. We haven't had any issues since then. Damn, what did I do? I always assume it's my fault even when I know I didn't do anything.