Chapter Thirteen- Court & Discoveries

~One month later~

~~Luka's point of view~~

Today is the day we go to court. I am beyond excited in more ways than one. I'm becoming a Dad today. The one thing I never thought I wanted to do, I am now anxious to be one. I want to wait until it's over to talk to Phoenix. I want to see his face when I tell him I am his Dad. It's going to be the best part of the day.

Pepper has today off. She has to be there; she is his Mom; I'm thankful I wanted her to be there. Sebastian didn't have a problem letting her have it off. He actually had Phoenix at the office. Fawn is not able to keep him anymore at all. There is a nurse with her, but Sebastian's parents are there every day too.

I know Tim is looking forward to it as well. Pepper and I talked. As soon as the papers were filed, he's been allowed around. On Thursday and Friday, he has come to my house with Paxtyn, and they spend the day with Phoenix. He leaves right before Pepper comes home. I get her on Monday's. He and I get along really well. I know better than anyone that good people can make mistakes. Especially when involved with Annalise.

I know he appreciates the time he spends at my house because I feed them. I know where he is working, and I know he is barely making enough to cover his rent. He doesn't eat to make sure Paxtyn does. His parents make sure she eats on Tuesday and Wednesday. I got them on Monday, Thursday, and Friday. When he comes to pick her up on Monday, I send lunch leftovers home with him. I worry about them on the weekends. I don't question him, though.

Phoenix hasn't asked who he is, and we all decided until he does, we don't tell him anything. Right now, everything is good. I want to keep it that way for as long as possible. I don't want anything to go sideways and screw everything up. I like the way things are. One day I hope to get Pepper to forgive him.

I don't have a lot, but I want to be able to help him. I could do so much more for them if she were ok around him. I get it, though. I didn't have him walk out on me; she did. I understand she needs time; I won't pressure her; I'll give her a bit more time then ask her about it.

I stay at her house every night. We are pretty much living together. I just go home to work. I spent all that money on renovations to never use them. It's worth it, though. I love every minute I get with her. Especially when things happen like this morning after Sebastian got Phoenix, she is by far the best I have ever had. I will never get tired of her.

Luka: "Hey, Baby?"

Pepper: "Yeah?'

Luka: "We should do something while we're here."

Pepper: "What?"

Luka: "Look at the door in front of us."

It's the office of the clerk.

Pepper: "Umm... are you serious?"

Luka: "Yes. I grabbed your folder when you weren't looking; it's in the truck."

Pepper: "Is this why you insisted we be here earlier than we needed to be?"

Luka: "Yes."

Pepper: "Who all knew this was your plan?"

Luka: "Fawn and Sebastian."

Pepper: "How long have you had this planned?"

Luka: "Since we got the court date. You said this is how you wanted to do it, so why not do it right here right now?"