Chapter Twelve- Man to Man

~Two months later~

~~Luka's point of view~~

Things have been fantastic. They've changed a bit, but it's not been bad. Fawn can no longer keep Phoenix. She had a scare, and she is bedridden. She is only allowed up to use the restroom. Sebastian hired her a nurse to stay with her. I go see her often. She looks like she ready to explode. She will be six months in a week. These few months are going to be hard on her.

I get Phoenix, though. I have had him every weekday for the last seven weeks. Well, technically, I have him seven days a week. We go home after work. Home is his home. He knows that I love his Mommy like Sebastian loves Fawn. He hasn't asked about the Dad thing, and I haven't brought it up. I have a plan.

My phone rings. It's Pepper.

~~Phone Conversation~~

Luka: "Hey, Baby."

Pepper: "Hey."

I know something is off. She sounds like she has been crying.

Luka: "What's wrong?"

Pepper: "Tim."

Luka: "Seriously?"

Pepper: "Yes. Thirty-two calls."

Luka: "He's been calling for two weeks now. Maybe you should answer."

Pepper: "I can't. I can't let him in my life."

I step away from Phoenix.

Luka: "Babe, he is his father. He has a right to know him. I'm not saying you need to hand him over to him. All I am saying is talk to him. See what he wants."

Pepper: "Not today. I can't do it today."

Luka: "Whenever you're ready."

Pepper: "What if I am never ready?"

Luka: "Then, we will talk about it."

Pepper: "I love you, Luka."

Luka: "I love you too, Baby."

~~End conversation~~

I know he is driving her crazy. I hate what he did to her. I can't change her past. I can make sure her future is a whole lot better. I plan on doing just that. I think it's time Tim and I have a man to man. Pepper and Phoenix are mine. I need to make that clear. He will not have access to Pepper. He can deal with me.

I have no way to contact him. I'm not one to go through my girl's phone. I also don't want to ask her. I won't ask her. Sebastian and I are close enough that I can ask him. I know he will give it to me. He will question me, and I'll tell him. I'm doing what I need to do to protect my family.

~~Phone conversation~~

Sebastian: "What's up?"

Luka: "I need a favor."

Sebastian: "What's that?"

Luka: "I need Tim's phone number."

Sebastian: "For?"

Luka: "I want to talk to him. I don't want to fight or argue. I just want to sit in a public place and have a conversation."

Sebastian: "About?"

Luka: "Pepper and Phoenix. He has been blowing her up for two weeks; she won't talk to him; I need to find out his intentions. She's afraid of him. I want to get a grip on it before something happens."

I get a text with his number.

Sebastian: "Don't tell him you got it from me."

Luka: "I won't. Thank you."