The Bittersweet End

FINISHED. FINITO. FINI.

This is the last chapter guys! Thanks for sticking with this story, I hope the ending isn't too rushed but this was building up in my head and I needed to write it all down.

Things to watch out for in the near future:

-Marauders Oneshots (focusing on the four boys and Lily)

-A sequel to this book (which may be focusing on Albus as he hunts down the Crucios)

Sounds good I hope? Leave your advice down below.

Thank you so much sunshines.

Auf Wiedersehen

~Sophie

---

Scorpius

He felt like he was weightless for a bittersweet while. Just floating, no cares, hand firmly clasped the the book and the girl beside him. Almost pure happiness.

Then the illusion was shattered as he came to land with a crash, crushing a small table beneath him. He groaned with pain, before rolling over and looking up.

It seemed he was in Flitwick’s office. Crap.

That obviously meant some form of trouble. And there was the man in person, seemingly towering over the lying Scorpius. He had a stern but relieved look in his eyes. Beside him were Erin and Leon, tear streaked and shocked. Behind them he assumed were Tiffany’s parents, two angry conservative looking Jews.

On the other side of the room was a whole group of people, mostly redheads. There was no mistaking that family.

The Chosen One, scar splitting his head, stood mouth open beside his wife. They looked like they were barely keeping their composure. Hope filled their eyes as they sought out their children in the pile of people.

Then was two blonde ladies, each very different with their respective husbands. One had wispy long hair and wore radish earrings, and the other was scaringly stunning. Their faces were filled with silent tears as they watched the scene.

Last of all was the sight he had been dreading. A tall gangly man and his bushy haired wife. The latter was opening her arms for her children, face filled with joy, while the man’s eyes locked on Scorpius. There was a deep hatred there and he felt chilled to the bone.

Suddenly, as if the scene had been unfrozen, the parents rushed the children, enveloping them in hugs and kisses. Relief washed over the room and made it feel slightly less chilly for Scorpius.

He stood, took a thumping on the back from Leon and gave Erin and squeeze. He laughed with them as they joked about their temporary positions as Head Boy and Girl. He shook hands with Flitwick and smiled as he promised to not abandon his post again. He chatted with Harry and Ginny, who were very grateful for his assistance in retrieving their children. He took kisses on the cheek from Fleur and Victorie, while being watched closely by Bill and Teddy. He complimented Luna’s earrings and tried to remain attentive as she babbled away about the Nargles being of assistance.

Then he turned as he felt a familiar hand clasp his. He looked into those blue eyes who were so warm and loving. As he appreciated her he knew what he had to do.

Hand still holding Rose’s, he moved over to the family who watched warily from the side. Taking a deep breath he spoke:

“Hi, I don’t think I’ve introduced myself. I’m Scorpius Malfoy, Rose’s lucky boyfriend.” He tensed as he waited for their reactions.

“Lucky you are indeed” Ron grumbled. The hatred had been filled with gratitude and respect, and he managed a small smile as he clapped Scorpius on the shoulder.

“I know Sir. Thank you for your gift.” He said the last bit looking into her pretty face and the rest of the world melted away. He nodded to a beaming Hermione before pulling Rose aside.

“You know I love you right?” he whispered softly.

Her mouth twitched. “Of course. And I love you.”