Friends

Draco's POV

The next day Pansy and I make our way down to the Hospital Wing to pay a visit to Madam Pomfrey.

"I wondered when I would be seeing you here, Mr. Malfoy. Especially with your condition," Madam Pomfrey says the moment we step into the room.

I start shuffling nervously, and Pansy grabs my arm to drag me forward.

"Yes, well, we seem to have a problem," Pansy starts for me, "Draco, here, doesn't have any blood here that he can have. So, we were wondering if you could help."

I nod awkwardly as Madam Pomfrey looks at me, sighing. "Very well. I may be able to help. However, we will need the Headmaster's permission."

As if on que, Dumbledore walks into the Hospital Wing, wearing his famous purple robes. After some small greetings, Madam Pomfrey immediately starts going over her plan, the Headmaster nodding along thoughtfully.

"Yes, yes. Quite a good plan. You have my permission," Dumbledore agrees, then he turns to me, "I hope that this will not interfere with your studies, Draco. You are one of our top students."

With a small smile, the Headmaster bids us goodbye. Madam Pomfrey turns to face Pansy and I.

"Alright, so once a week, on Saturdays at 9, you will come here and drink from the blood that I provide. Okay?"

"Yes ma'am," I reply.

"Yep!" Pansy says. "I'll make sure that he remembers."

"Alright, now you two better get to class. Off you go. I have places to be." Madam Pomfrey rushes us out of the Hospital Wing.

We walk down the corridors towards the dungeons for Potions. As we pass, people start whispering. "Do you think they are dating?" "Have you heard? They say Malfoy has the Dark Mark?" "Apparently he threatened Ron Weasley on the Train."

Walking to potions, the whispers follow Pansy and I everywhere. Entering the Potions classroom, eyes turn to us, and I see that we are late. Shit!

"Ms. Parkinson, Mr. Malfoy. Would you like to enlighten us on why you think that it is appropriate to show up to class late?" Snape drawls, causing small giggles from the other students.

Raising my head up, masking all emotion, I reply. "We, were at the Hospital Wing, sir. Pansy woke up with a migraine."

"Well then, I trust you can find you seats," Snape says, and turns to continue his lesson.

Due to the tables only fitting four people, there were only two seats left. One beside Crabbe, Goyle, and Blaise, and one beside the Gryffindor trio. Pansy and I look at each other, and we decide that I am best to not sit with Potter, due to the scent situation, but Snape speaks up.

"Hurry up! Parkinson, with Zabini. Malfoy, go sit next to Potter. Come on, hurry up!"

Sending me a sympathetic look, Pansy moves to sit next to Blaise, and I am slide in next to Potter. His scent immediately surrounds my senses, and I remember that I never actually fed at the Hospital Wing. Well f*ck.

I try to focus on everything that Snape is saying, but I could barely heard over the thumping in my head. My hand starts to shake, and I drop my quill in the pot in ink, causing it to splash up, landing on Potter, Weasel, and I.

"What the bloody hell was that Malfoy," Weasel hisses, getting a warning glance from Snape.

The thumping in my head has grown and I can feel my mind start to spiral. I need to get out of here.

"Professor? May I use the restrooms?" I ask, and Snape sends we a slightly worried look, but lets me leave.

Once in the corridor, I the thumping in my head starts to ease. I take a deep breath. Oh Merlin, how am I going to survive the whole year? What even is it with Potter?

Frustrated, I walk aimlessly through the halls with no intention of returning to class. Anyway, the worst I can get is a detention, and even that would be better then sitting in a room that close to Potter.

I arrive at the Slytherin common room, and am settled down on a couch before I realize that I left my bag in Potions. I leap up from my position, and start towards the exit, but then Pansy and Blaise walk in.

"Forget something?" Blaise teases, tossing my bag at me.

"Thanks." I mumble back, and Blaise smirks.

The next month goes on without a hitch. Every week, Saturday at 9, Pansy and I go to the Hospital Wing and I have some blood. In class, I sit as far away as possible from Potter.

It's Saturday again, and I walk into the Hospital Wing with Pansy. Madam Pomfrey is already there waiting for us, a blood bag in her hand.

Without question, I grab the bag, muttering a thank you, and sitting down on one of the spare beds. Slowly, I start to drink the blood.

Suddenly, a large bang echos through the room, and Granger walks into the Hospital wing.

"Madam Pomfrey, I was wondering if you had a book on--"

Suddenly, Granger stops talking. She stares at me, her mouth slightly ajar, and the gears in her head clearly at work. Then looks of surprise, confusion, and understanding flash across her face.

"You- you're- what?" She says. "Oh that makes so much sense!"

Then Pansy starts to get defensive. "Don't you dare run off and tell the whole school or I swear I will hunt you down and that will be the last thing you ever do."

"No! Of course I won't do that!" Granger says, putting her hands in the air as mock surrender. "I was just wondering if you would like my help. I've read a fair bit about Vampires, and I think I could help."

Pansy opens her mouth to object, but I butt in. "Umm... that would be kinda nice actually."

Granger smiles at me. "Friends?"

"Umm... sure. Friends," I say, and Pansy raises her eyebrow at me, before sighing.

"Friends then, but don't you dare tell anyone, Granger."

"Alright, alright, but please, call me Hermione."

"Okay, Granger," Pansy replies.

Hermione gives a sigh of defeat, not bothering to fight back.

Since when am I making friends with Gryffindors? Oh, I'm so dead if this gets out.

Words: 1060